"people change, bubs"

chapter nineteen: people change, bubs

ok i know this gif is old but like .... i NEEDED it ok and i thought some of u would appreciate it

MONDAY MORNING. The livestream hadn't lasted very much longer, mostly because as soon as the words 'she's my girl' left Luke's mouth, people started to go ballistic. Him saying that had not been part of the deal and I wasn't upset with him for it, but I hadn't been able to prepare myself for the response we were getting.

Not even a full minute after Luke saying that on the live, it had made its way to Twitter and there were several hashtags trending about us. Madalyn had called me almost immediately after the live ended, and Emma called just after she did.

Luke didn't even have to say 'we're in a relationship' for the entire world to finally lose it. All it took was, 'she's my girl.' I guess it was basically the same thing, but Luke had called me that long before we were ever together. In fact, almost a third of the guys I had met in my life had called me that at one time or another.

Guys just did that kind of shit. But everyone knew that he wasn't just being sweet on me—he was saying all he needed to say.

We spent the rest of the night watching movies together, just existing together as we had planned to. We put away our phones and just lived in the present, not caring about the commotion we had caused earlier in the day.

We went to bed fairly early, mostly because we started feeling tired at around eight thanks to the time change. We moved from the couch to my bed—we got a little carried away—but just continued watching movies together until we fell asleep.

I woke up to my alarm and was pleased with how rested I felt. I was tangled up in Luke's arms, which was my favorite thing to be, and after deciding I could snooze for another twenty minutes or so, I turned around in his arms and closed my eyes.

Luke pressed his lips to my forehead, however, and made it apparent that he was awake. I opened my eyes to see him looking at me with a smile on his face, which caused me to smile.

"Good morning, gorgeous," he whispered as he tightened his hold on me. "Would you like some breakfast?"

"You don't have to make anything," I told him, shaking my head.

"I want to—plus, I'm hungry," Luke told me, which caused me to laugh. "Are you going to take a shower?"

"Yeah, I probably should," I said as I pushed myself up. "I really don't know what you'll have to work with. I might have some eggs in there."

"I'll figure something out—I always do." Luke pressed his lips to mine and I kissed him back before we pulled away fully. We both trudged our way out of bed and I was making my way to the door of my room, Luke grabbed ahold of my hand before twirling me around. I raised my brows in curiosity and he smiled before pulling me into his arms. "I just wanted a hug," he whispered, holding me tight as he placed a kiss on my head. I smiled at his words and held him tight as well, feeling safe and warm in his arms.