"you deserve this"

chapter forty-nine: you deserve this

everyone say "thank you, luke!" for both writing one of my favorite albums of all time but for also giving me new songs that motivate me to write <33 however there's no luke in this chapter :(so

for both writing one of my favorite
albums of all time but for also giving me
new songs that motivate me to write <33
however there's no luke in this chapter :(
so ... enjoy this pic. he will be back soon!

TUESDAY EVENING. "You guys never miss, huh?" Molly joked as we wrapped up filming for the day. Stevie was handling our mic packs, getting them turned off and unwired. "You guys seriously make this easy and fun. Not to say other individuals make it miserable, but... the crew rarely has this much fun."

"Well, what can you expect when you've got Josie Culley dishing out her intoxicatingly good energy?" Emma jumped in, causing me to snicker. Stevie had just finished up with getting my mic pack off when I turned to Emma and wrapped my arms around her.

"I don't think I can take all the credits, Emms." I unwrapped my arms from her before walking toward the back of the room, wanting to grab my phone. I grabbed Emma's as well, knowing she would want it.

"Have you bumped into Tony today?" Stevie asked me as I walked back up to the group. I shook my head in response and furrowed my eyebrows, figuring he had a reason to ask me such a thing. "I just haven't seen her today... which never happens."

"Sometimes Josie purposely avoids a run-in," Emma teased, gently bumping her hip into my own. My eyes playfully rolled but I couldn't entirely argue with her words, so I didn't attempt to. "Are we filming again on Thursday? I forgot what we decided."

"Emma Hanover forgetting her own plans?" Stevie asked through a gasp, emphasizing how uncommon such an occurrence was. "You're the one that said you wanted to get it over Thursday so we wouldn't have to do anything on Friday."

"That rings a bell," Emma said through a laugh, which officially caused my brows to furrow in confusion. She was acting a bit odd, but I hadn't questioned her behavior the entire day, so I wasn't sure where this was coming from. "Of course I know we picked Thursday! Josie's the one that always just shows up and does the thing... I was reminding her."

"Hey, don't you drag me down with you," I said through a laugh, trying to brush off my slight worry. "Let's get out of here, yeah? I'm tired."

"You don't have to ask me twice. I'll see you two tomorrow," Emma waved to Molly and Stevie as she started to walk backward.

"Bye, you two! Get some rest, Emma." I watched as Emma sent Molly a thumbs up before turning around. I sent Molly and Stevie a confused look, which they both sent back my way. I waved before turning around and catching up with Emma.

"Wanna talk about it?" I asked her, knowing something was up and hoping she'd open up to me. She looked over at me before letting out a quiet sigh.

"I talked to Pat," she told me after a few seconds of contemplation. My jaw dropped as I stopped in my tracks. "Josie, come on," she whined, pulling on my arm. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you about it sooner, but it sort of happened accidentally."