Chapter 3

Rewritten

The sun shone the next day way too early for the ninjas' liking. The sun heated up the earth, the citizens feeling like they could fry an egg on the sidewalk with a frying pan if they tried. Sensei Wu entered their room and woke them up in a rude and loud manner which made them groan in annoyance.

"Evil doesn't sleep, and neither should you!" The sensei said, banging on a gong.  "In order to reach your full potential, we must greet each day as an opportunity."

"Okay okay, we're up," The grouchy Kai says, having been looking forward to more sleep. "But if you want us to reach full potential, shouldn't we at least get a full night of rest?" 

Kai approached the window, intending to open the binds to let sweet sunlight in, but the whole bind fell off the window frame. It has only been a few minutes, yet he was only been met with disappointment today.

"You call that rest? I think my back has more lumps than the mattress," Cole criticizes.

"We were up so late, talking about how cool it is to have a new headquarters, I guess we lost track of time," Jay says, using the tap to wash his toothbrush as only dirt comes out. "Since the Serpentine burned down our monastery, I'm just glad we have a roof over our head.." He says as he brushes his teeth.

"Uh... Jay..." 

Before Y/n could warn Jay, he had already put the toothbrush in his mouth and began brushing away. Feeling the dirt in his mouth, Jay quickly spat out the dirt-toothpaste mix in his mouth.

"What is our lesson today, Sensei? Mastering the strike of the Scorpion? Or perhaps the grace of—" Zane continues rambling before the floor below him breaks and his friends have to help him get out.

"I think today's lesson will be chores," Wu tells them.

"Chores?!" The ninjas ask in disbelief.

How dare their sensei ask them, ninjas, to clean!

"Ninja fight, Sensei. They do not clean," Cole says.

"In order to respect ourselves, we must respect our new home and where we are from. And this place is a long way from becoming a Ninja headquarters. I expect things to be spotless when I return. And put your backs into it," Wu says, hitting the cymbal once more before he leaves.

"Ah, this place is going to take forever to clean and fix up," Kai grumbles.

"Unless we put more than our backs into it, huh?" Jay asks.

"Alright. I'll go back to sleep," Y/n says before retreating into the covers again.

More sleeping time for her then. It wasn't like she had powers she could use to help them. She awoke a few hours later, seeing the ninjas playing games. She walked in, plopping down in Kai's lap before the controller is placed in her lap and her brother's hands resting on her thighs as he continued to play the game. Soon enough, Nya and Wu stepped into the room.

"What took you so long?" Kai asks.

"Wow! This place looks amazing!" Nya compliments. "You guys did all this?"

"Ninja don't just fight, Nya," Cole replies. "We clean."

"Oh, you have exceeded my expectations...but can you keep it up?" Wu asks as they heard a car honk.

"It looks like we're about to have some visitors, and loud ones at that," Nya says.

Jay sighs. "Ugh... It's my parents. Please, if they start yapping, just don't let them going, okay? They don't know when to quit. And if you start talking then they'll start talking, and suddenly half the day is gone before you know it ends-"