Chapter 38

Happy new year, yall! :)

"Take positions," Wu instructs.

"Ah, I give you this much. That ninja never quit," Cole comments.

"Port side!"

"The cannons!"

Jay fires the cannons but misses. "Ah! Let me get this straight! You're just telling us now that you had another pupil before us, and now his cursed spirit has possessed Lloyd, all so that he can take your staff?"

"Morro won't stop until he gets what he's after," Wu replies. "There's a secret message engraved on it. All these years, I had no idea."

"Of course. Ha, just another day in Ninjago."

"If this is as fast as the Bounty goes, I think we're in for some serious trouble," Cole says just as Morro landed on the Bounty.

"I need ink and parchment to make an imprint to see what's on the staff," Wu says.

"Kai and I will take you to our quarters while Jay and Cole will keep him busy," Zane replies.

"Oh, that's honorable of you to nominate us," Cole sarcastically says.

"Yeah, we didn't fare so hot last time. Why is it that you get off with the easy task?" Jay asks.

"Because I'm the intelligent one," Zane replies.

"Ah, let's take this guy," Jay tells Cole before both of them engage in battle with Morro.

"Why am I steering the ship?" Nya asks. "There's a reason autopilot was invented," She says.

She activates autopilot, an inflatable Darreth taking the wheel instead before she runs off.

"Oh, great," Jay says.

Nya manages to dodge Morro's attacks. However, the attacks then caused the inflatable Darreth to deflate.

"Oh, that's not good," Nya says before the Bounty swerves, causing the ninja to scream.

"Our quarters aren't much further. Go, Sensei. Kai and I will hold him back," Zane tells Wu.

"We'll crash if we don't stabilize the Bounty," Cole says.

"No shit," Y/n, who had managed to fly back to the Bounty said before she landed and grabbed the wheel.

"Y/n!"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. You missed me. Save the flattery for later," Y/n replies.

"Your team will fall apart without its Green Leader," Morro says after Zane is hit on the head with a crate.

"I'll lead them. And make sure you go down if it's the last thing I do. Sensei says you won't give up. Well, neither will I!" Kai vows.

"Ah! Are you aiming for that mountain?" Jay asks.

"I'm trying to rise above it! A little help?" Y/n responds.

The three immediately respond, Nya turning on the boosters which makes the Bounty barely miss the mountain, making a hole which Kai almost fell out of.

"I'm coming, Kai!"

"You want the staff? Take it!" Wu says, throwing the staff out and Morro chases after it like a dog, which allows Zane to catch Kai.

"Got you."

"Primary thrusters destabilised, better hold on!" Nya says before they land in the Forest of Tranquility.

When Y/n does get back up, she sees Kai, who immediately envelops her in a hug.

"I thought you died!" Kai says before whacking her on the head.