Chapter 7

"Ugh. Why must we stop when the next Fangblade is just ahead of us?" Skales ask.

Pythor uses his staff to hit the ground as it crumbles from the vibrations. "What good is unlocking the Great Devourer with the four Fangblades, if we're not around to see it? Get the boy and girl!"

"Bring the boy and girl!"

Four Serpentine bring out Lloyd and Y/n and removed their chains.

"Oh, you're letting us go?" Lloyd asks.

"Heh, only to fetch, my dear boy. Do step lightly."

The two of them walk lightly across the ledge as Lloyd almost falls. Y/n grabs onto his wrist to support him and they ignore their burning cheeks.

Now is so not the time, Y/n tells her mind

"Bring me the Fangblade, and I'll let you go."

"Oh. Woah!" Lloyd says as they somehow avoid all the traps.

"It's gone!" Y/n yells when they reach the fangblade as her voice echoes.

"It's gone?!"

"Where is it?"

"Do we still get to be freed?" Lloyd asks.

"No!" Pythor yells.

"Ugh!" Lloyd groans.

Timeskip to the Green Ninja

"The Fire Temple," Cole says.

"The volcano seems to be on the verge of eruption, guys. All recent indicators tell me that this place is becoming increasingly fragile. Even the smallest rupture can make the whole thing go off," Nya informs and warns.

"Then we must not use our weapons," Wu says as everyone but Kai puts away their weapons.

"Kai," Nya presses.

Kai sighs. "Yeah, yeah. No Fire Sword. But only because I wouldn't want anything to prevent us from getting that Fangblade or my sister."

"Or my son," Garmadon says.

"There. The Serpentine must be inside the inner core. From here on out, we travel by shadows," Wu instructs.

"It's the only way I know how," Garmadon says as they rush down the tunnel and to the hot base of the volcano.

They see the Serpentine digging.

"There are Lloyd and Y/n," Jay says as they see the two children being held in a cage.

Garmadon gasps. "Son."

"Huh?" Pythor asks as he hears a shovel hit something in the rocks. "Out of my way, fool!" He says as he takes out a Fangblade. "The third Fangblade is ours!" Pythor says as the other Serpentine cheer before Pythor notices the ninjas in the Fangblades reflection. "Ninja? Attack!"

"Light as a leaf. Attack like there is no tomorrow," Wu says.

"Wind!" Jay says before he releases a wind from his hands before he attacks.

"Ice!"

Kai noticed the snakes surrounding him and took out his weapon as his sword burned bright with fire. The volcano then reacts to the Fire Sword's power.

"Kai, the weapon is compromising our safety," Nya says.

"I will do what I must," Kai replies.

"Let's get out of here!" Pythor commands. "But not before we leave them with a parting gift. Boys?" He asks as some serpentine drill holes into the volcano's walls.