Chapter 20

"Behold, my final gift to you, Garmatron!" The Overlord says.

"It's...it's beautiful," Garmadon says.

"We've retrieved your helmet, and a prisoner, my Dark Lord," Kozu says as Nya grunts.

"You'll never get away with this! My friends will put a stop to you!" Nya says.

Garmadon laughs. "Red doesn't seem to be your color," He says, quieting the poor girl by making her bite on an apple. "I think it's time we try in a darker shade. Hand me the Dark Matter. I believe we've found our first test subject," He says before pushing her head into the Dark Matter.

"What was that sound?" Julien asks. "The horns?"

"The Celestial Clock has reached zero. Garmadon's ultimate weapon is now operational and the Final Battle between good and evil has all but begun," Wu explains.

"Now Lloyd and Y/n must face his father," Misako adds.

"But where's Nya?"

"She's been taken by the Overlord, but we'll get her back. At the moment, there are bigger things at stake, including all of Ninjago itself."

"Who cares about Ninjago? Nya was my—uh, my...you know," Jay says.

"Girlfriend?" Y/n asks. "Crush?"

"And she's our sister. I know her being captured is tough, but she's tougher. Tougher than most of us. We'll see her again," Kai says.

"Lloyd, your focus gives strength to invoking the power of the Golden Dragon. You cannot lose faith now. Everything rests on you and Y/n's shoulders," Wu tells the boy.

"But Sensei, you saw what happened when I tried to face my father. I-I froze. I can't fight him," Lloyd says.

"You must. It is written in the scrolls," Wu argues.

"Remember, your father is just as scared," Misako adds.

"Then the battle will be decided by who is willing to fight."

"You won't be alone. I'll be right behind you. You have my Fire," Kai says.

"And you have my Earth."

"And my Ice."

"And Lightning."

"We're all in this together, kids," Cole says.

"What are we waiting for? Let's suit up," Lloyd says. "I'm ready."

They go to Garmadon's camp.

"Down," Y/n says.

"They won't know what hit them," Kai says.

"Time to chop wood," Jay says.

"Ninja, go!" They say before they break down the gates and see the abandoned campsite.

"Uh, where the heck is everybody?" Jay asks.

"Ugh, and here I was all ready to release the thunder," Cole groans.

"The ultimate weapon is gone. We're too late. Nya? Nya!" Kai calls out.

Zane's Falcon screeches.

"My Falcon friend wants to show us something," Zane says as the Falcon leads them to Garmatron's tracks.

"Whoa. That's one big weapon," Lloyd commented.

"It appears to be heading toward the coast," Zane observes.

"But why? Wouldn't he try to use it on us?" Lloyd asks.

"Not on us. On Ninjago. He always wanted to turn our world into his own image. Now we know how it will be done," Wu says.