Chapter 23

"We underestimate the importance of balance. When it's there, we're at peace. If something is off, everything falls," Garmadon says, adding more rocks to Y/n and Lloyd's piles. "Ninjago is no different. It put too much faith in technology, allowing the Overlord to return, and because of your friends, now the world is without power. When one relies on something too much, we become weak, vulnerable, imbalanced. In order to find your Full Potential and unlock your true power, you must find your own balance," Garmadon tells the Golden and Silver Ninjas.

"We're already the Golden and Silver Ninjas, how much more power do we need?" Lloyd asks.

"You've only scratched the surface!" Garmadon scolds them. "You have the potential to move mountains. Power of the First Spinjitzu Master!"

"Okay, sheesh," Y/n says. "Calm down, Garmadad," She says.

"The Ninja destroyed the power substation, essentially destroying the Overlord and his Nindroids. Why can't we go back?" Lloyd asks.

"Essentially? Until the Overlord is fully erased from the system, we must not go back, but forward!" Garmadon says.

Lloyd grunts before the both of them topple from the weight of the rocks.

"If the both of you can't move mountains, I guess we'll have to move over mountains."

"Ouch, dad," Y/n says as Garmadon's eyes seem to twinkle at what she said.

Y/n and Lloyd shake all the rocks off of them.

"And this next one looks particularly steep," He says, smile still on his face.

"I think you broke him," Lloyd says before Garmadon bonked his son on the head with his staff. "Ow! Watch the hair!"

"Over here! I found him!" A worker says. "Are you alright, Mr. Borg?"

"Yes, yes, but how long have I been out?" Cyrus asks.

"Quite a while, sir. We've been without power for a few days."

"The hard drive: It's missing! Have the Ninja returned with the Techno Blades? Please, it's very important!"

"Uh, nope. There's been no one else inside the building," Another man says.

"Wu... He was right here! Where did he go? And who would take the hard drive when the Overlord virus is still on it? Oh, so many questions, so few answers."

"Where am I?! The Ninja destroyed all of the power. How have you saved me?" The Overlord asks his saviour.

"Electrocobrai. Though extremely rare, they're extremely useful," The stranger replies.

"Who are you? What do you want from me?" The Overlord asks.

"Nothing but a small favor after returning you to power. You do still want to become flesh, if I'm not mistaken?"

"Yes, of course, but I need either the Golden or Silver Ninja."

"You'll get your hands on them in time. Our power is limited, we must be wise with our next step. Ninjago is vast, the Golden and Silver Ninja could be anywhere. And still, the Ninja have the only weapons that could erase you," The stranger says as he activates Techno Wu. "The old man knows everything about the Ninja. All of their secrets. All of their hideouts. He will find them in no time."

"Yes, yes!" The Overlord says.

"We've been digging for so long, I think I forgot what we're looking for!" Cole says.

"A jiggly compact compress converter. Or was it a compress compact jiggly converter? Whatever it is, if it can get us back to New Ninjago City any sooner, it's worth finding," Kai says as trash falls on the both of them and they scream.