Chapter 33

"Bring in the prisoners," Clouse demands.

"So the ninja were right," Griffin says. "This was never about any of us winning the tournament. This was always about something sinister."

"What gave that away?" Shade asks sarcastically. "Was it his cult following, or the giant snake head?"

"We've been fighting each other for so long, it took us all losing to finally pull us together," Neuro says as Jay starts humming. "Too bad it's too late."

"Wjhy are you humming?" Kai asks. "You do know they're about to take our powers."

"Since these cursed shackles have blocked our powers, I choose to use the power of positive thinking," Jay explains. "Y/n and Lloyd will come save us. You just wait."

Skylor turns away from Kai.

"Go ahead and look away," Kai says. "But you know as well as I do after he takes our powers, he's still gonna need yours."

"You don't understand," Skylor says. "My father gets everything he wants. I had no choice."

"Just tell me one thing. Was it his idea to make me fall for you, or yours? Because it worked."

Skylor gasps before smiling.

"Lock 'em down. All rise for Master Chen!" Zugu says.

Chen happily uses gravity to levitate his throne. "Look at me. I'm floating," He says, almost falling and making the cultists gasp. "I got it, I got it. I just got distracted by how awesome this place looks. Well done, Clouse," He compliments. "You've really set the mood. And look at this. Soon, I'll have more power. It's good to be me."

"You may have us, but you still don't have the Green and Purple Ninja," Jay says.

"Ah, yes. I bet right now they'll swoop down to save you in the very last moment and teach me a valuable lesson," Chen says. "Well, I'll wait. I love lessons."

"Any minute now."

"That's enough. I'm bored," Chen says. "But here's a lesson: don't be a sore loser. Only one can remain!" He says, stealing their powers. "The power is mine! All mine!"

"They never came..."

"Take them to the factory."

"Father, please," Skylor begs. "Spare Kai. I've seen inside his head. He's different. He can help you."

"You like the boy, don't you?" Chen asks. "If it will make you happy. Leave the red one."

"He knows we're coming," Lloyd says. "But we can't just fide here and do nothing."

"We have to wait until nightfall," Nya says. "There's too many."

"But he's only getting more powerful. We can't wait," Y/n says.

"Son, Y/n," Garmadon says. "Chen grows strong by taking from others. But real power does the opposite. It empowers those around you. Like the way you've empowered me. We will get you to Chen, and you will destroy his staff."

"Ah, would you look at that? If a foot soldier like Eyezor can move up the chain of command, why can't we? I mean, the guy's only got one good eye, and we each got two. We could spot a ninja twice as fast as he could," A Cultist says as Eyezor walks past.

Eyezor notices a worker sleeping. "Huh? Hey!"

"But he's got a mohawk. And his name, Eyezor. It's got a real ring to it," His friend replies says. "And it's practical. You know, with his creepy sore eye and all."

"That's it. That's it. We need names. We need something that'll make us, you know, stand out. I got it. Call me Kapau!" 'Kapau' says.

"Oh, that's good. What should I be? Oh, I know. 'Hey, who's that?' 'It's Maleficium!'" His friend replies.