Chapter 40

"Concentrate. Focus on reversing the flow. Become the water, Nya. Embrace it. You can control it. Become the Water Ninja."

Wu gasps when he thinks Nya has controlled water and can't help but feel disappointed when he finds out that Nya simply blocked the water with her hand.

"I'm not the Water Ninja. I'm a Samurai. I'm afraid my friends are in trouble, and I won't be there to help. We don't even know for sure if I have the power, so if everyone is waiting for me to discover I'm some sort of Water Ninja..." Nya rants, not noticing the lily pad in the pond moving in sync with Nya's gestures. "... maybe we've got a problem."

"And maybe we have an even bigger one," Misako says before leading the duo into the tea shop.

"Your first problem is the opening of a tea shop in the middle of a dry season. Water's at a premium," Ronin says. "Then there's the name. Steep Wisdom? Ugh. More like Steep Debt. I mean, heh, where are the customers?"

"Who is this strange fellow?" Wu asks.

"You need to have a name with pizzazz, like Curiosi-tea! Or Shake Your Boo-Tea! Heh! These are just off the top of my head. This place is a cluttered mess."

"Excuse me, but if you're not a customer, what are you doing in our shop?" Misako asks.

"You mean my shop," Ronin says.

"Huh?"

"Oh, right. They never told you," Ronin says. "Name's Ronin. And since I'm now effectually the majority shareholder, I'm your new business partner."

"What?" Nya asks.

"After the ninja lost the Scroll of Who-whatzu to that Morro dude, I bailed them out in exchange for their shares in the tea shop," Morro explains. "Since they destroyed my pawn shop, I thought it was a fair trade until I saw this sorry place. Ah."

"They didn't get the Scroll of Airjitzu?"

"If they didn't get it, they'll never be able to follow the rest of the clues to the Tomb of the First Spinjitzu Master," Misako says.

"Let me go. They need me more than ever."

"Relax, the ninja are fine. I told them another possible way they could get it," Ronin says. "Don't you know in life, there's always second chances."

"What do you mean another way?" Wu asks.

"What? No one ever told you about Yang's Haunted Temple?"

"Welcome to Yang's Haunted Temple, the historical landmark and former home of Sensei Yang, the notorious sensei without a pupil, infamous for creating the lost martial art of Airjitzu," Patty, the tour guide, says. "Unfortunately, we can't take our tour groups inside, for rumors say anyone trapped inside its walls at sunrise, will be turned into a Ghost permanently. But, if you listen closely, maybe we'll be able to hear the Ghost of Sensei Yang himself looking for his lost pupils."

"I hope it's not a rumor, for it's our only hope!" Zane yells.

"Ah, sorry about my loud friend. He's a little hard of hearing," Cole excuses.

"Known for his un-" Patty clears her throat. "-usual teaching methods..."

"Jay, you said Zane was fixed," Y/n groans.

"At least he's no longer talking backwards," Ja defends. "I guess my tinkering got his volume level stuck, hehe."

"At least you can understand me now!" Zane adds on.

"... Dating back, ahem, to the Edo Period..."

"Well, from now on, only speak if you have something really important to say," Cole instructs.