Chapter 30

Important note at the end, so please read it

"Skylor, Master of Amber, versus, Jacob, Master of Sound. Fight! Fight!"

"Eenie, meenie, minie, moe," Skylor says. "Catch a JadeBlade by its toe!" She finishes before they fight.

"Master of Sound's gotten stronger since the last time I saw him," Garmadon comments.

"Excuse me. Excuse me. Uh, don't mean to block your view. Just passing through. Sorry, all of these temples look the same," Kai says, finding his way to his team. "Did I miss anything?"

"Ugh. But the looks of it, you didn't miss much," Jay says before pointing at the people Kai had upset. "Maybe we shouldn't be sitting together. I mean, the more they think we're a team, the bigger targets we put on ourselves."

"Don't say that, we are a team," Lloyd says. "Sure we just lost Cole and still can't find Zane, but we're a team. Just smaller. All the more reason to stick together."

"Skylor's fighting?" Kai asks.

"What has him so excited?"

"He likes her," Y/n replies.

"Until he found out they might be related," Jay adds.

"Her element isn't Fire," Garmadon says. "She's the Master of Amber, power of absorption. She can emulate the power of anyone she's touched."

Kai perks up. "You're telling me we're not related?"

"Here we go," Y/n rolls her eyes.

"I didn't say anything about you and Lloyd. So, leave me alone," Kai pouts as his sister chuckles.

Skylor confuses Jacob and grabs the JadeBlade for herself as everyone cheers.

"Yes! Go, Skylor!" Kai says, making Y/n chuckle lightly at her brother's attitude.

"Winner! And loser," Chen announces, making Jacob fall down the trapdoor. "I hope the Tournament of Elements has entertained you as much as it has me. To thank you, I wanted to give everyone fancy jewels and untold shiny things," He says, holding out a box of jewels. " But then in yesterday's battle, Master Jay and Cole tried to undermine me by teaming up and refusing to fight each other. And that made me very upset," Chen says. "For their insubordination, all of your fancy quarters will be taken away, and tonight everyone must sleep together in the chow house. That is all. Thank you, you can go."

"Nice one, Jay," Kai says.

"Whoa, easy, Romeo," Jay says.

"Don't worry about them," Lloyd says. "We aren't here to make friends, just to save ours."

"Yes, but your exclusion of others has only made enemies," Garmadon says.

"What's new?" Y/n asks.

Garmadon rolls his eyes. "Beware how you treat those around you, for they will treat you the same."

"You can take my clothes and my power, but you'll never take my super strength," Cole says before he tries to break the bars to no avail. "All right, so you got that too," He says before Clouse opens the door. "You're letting me go?"

"Of course not," Clouse says. "Your presence is required in the factory."

"The factory?!" Cole asks, outraged. "Lock me up for all I care. I'm never gonna lift a finger for you, you despicable—Aah!" He says as Clouse and Zugu drag him to the factory.

"A noodle factory? Ha! Why didn't you say so? Hahaha! This is my kind of place. Look, that's how they make the noodles. Oh, and that's the dumpling machine. And is that how you make fortune cookies? Haha!" Cole cheers, grabbing one and turning to a worker. "You know there's a fortune in those, right?"