Chapter 5

Rewritten

The sun had barely risen above the horizon, heck, the sun was probably still asleep from Ninjago's point of view. Yet, Sensei Wu insisted on waking up the two children who weren't too happy about it.

"Y/n, Lloyd, get up," Wu said as the two children groaned and yawned. "I need you to do something for me," He says as he passes them a list before leaving the room.

The two children yawned once more, Y/n pouting and her eyes closing shut every few seconds while Lloyd stared in adoration.

"It's too early for this," Lloyd says, looking out the window to look at the sky which barely had even a hint of sunlight.

Y/n hummed in agreement, putting her head on Lloyd's shoulder, not thinking much of it. "What is this?"

"Uh..." Lloyd replies, feeling the heat on his cheeks. "Beat Kai in Fist to Face 2 and put it under Cole's name. Add chili into Cole's Violet Berry Soup. Tamper with Jay's sparring bot. And finally," He snickered.

"What?"

"Turn Zane's gi pink," He says as they both erupt into giggles.

"Can you imagine?" She asked as they rolled on the floor with laughter. "Zane going into the battlefield dressed like a Barbie?!"

"A Barbie!" Lloyd wheezed as they laughed till their stomach hurts.

It took quite a while for their laughter to die down. Surprisingly, they didn't make the ninja up or get punished by Sensei for their noise pollution.

"Can you play Fist to Face 2?" Lloyd asks.

"I'm better than my brother expects me to be," Y/n winks as Lloyd blushes.

They snuck into the living room, being extra quiet when they snuck past the ninja's bedroom. They were especially careful to not accidentally step on the squeaky planks on their way to the TV.

While Y/n played Fist to Face 2, Lloyd cheered her on as she giggled. It took quite some time, but after 30 minutes, Y/n had beaten Kai's record. 

"Now, for the finale," Y/n says, entering Cole's name instead of hers.

"Next, Cole's Violet Berry Soup."

Cole's Violet Berry Soup followed a meticulous and extremely specific recipe. Not only that, but it took a very long time to complete, needing at least three days.

The children snuck into the kitchen where Cole's soup was, boiling on low heat. Y/n got up on an extremely high (high for her height) and struggled to get the chili sauce at the very top of the cabinet. Just as she got it, the stool stumbled and she fell, right into Lloyd's arms. Thankfully, he had caught the bottle of chili sauce too.

Being in such close proximity with a boy was unexpected to Y/n. As expected, her face heated up. It felt like electrical sparks on her skin. 

"You can put me down now," Y/n shyly muttered.

"Oh, right," Lloyd said, quickly putting her down.

Ignoring the awkwardness, they quickly opened the chili bottle and poured in about two spoonfuls, stirring everything together before cleaning the spoon and putting back the chili bottle, this time, without falling into each other's arms.

By now, the tiredness had begun to fade away from their bodies. They approached Jay's sparring bot. None of them were mechanical experts so they just took a pair of scissors and cut some wires, hoping they didn't do anything too important.

Finally, they took Kai's gi from the laundry basket and stopped the washing machine. Zane had put his whites in to wash overnight and the ninja wouldn't be waking up for at least the next three hours. Thus, they restarted the whole 2-hour cycle and placed Kai's gi into the washing machine.