Chapter 11

"Ugh, finally. All fixed up and Serpentine free," Cole says as they help fix up the city.

Kai tries to use his powers but cannot do so. "Aargh. Ugh, this is frustrating," He complains.

A street sign then tips over.

"Ah!" Cole and Jay say.

"Our weapons are gone and most of our elemental powers are gone. I mean, we can still do Spinjitzu, but..." Kai grunts, failing to conjure fire again. "I just feel so, I don't know, limited. And thanks to the Devourer, our tank's out of commission, our dragon's hurt, and now the Bounty is destroyed, we don't even have a place to sleep," Kai says.

"No one ever said being a hero is easy. Though our good deeds may never make us rich, they make us rich in other ways," Zane says.

"Yeah, well, I don't feel rich," Kai grumbles.

"Ugh. I for one enjoy pitching in. I've always wanted to feel part of a community. Uh, speaking of which, anyone seen Nya? She said she was going to help," Jay says.

"And I have. I may have found us a place to live," Nya says, arriving on a motorcycle with Wu.

"Really?" Jay asks. "But there's a waiting list a mile long to live in Ninjago City. How did you do that?"

"I know a guy who knows a girl, and she knows this girl who knows a guy. Well, this guy knows a girl who's a real estate agent and she can help you find a place, if you catch my drift," Nya says, handing Jay a pamphlet.

"And where are you off to?" Jay asks.

"We have to find a couple of components to fix the Ninja tank. And my dragon ointment has finally arrived. It's a day's trip, but once we get back, he'll be flying once again. Also, I love scenic drives. Haha, punch it, Nya!" Wu says.

"Ay ay, Sensei," Nya says, obeying as they speed off.

"Yee-haw!"

"'Patty Keys, Real Estate Queen.' Huh, this is exactly what we need. Once we get a roof over our head, we can start properly training Lloyd and Y/n," Jay says, reading off the pamphlet.

"Good, 'cause if we know Lord Garmadon, he's not going to be taking any breaks. And let's not forget, the Serpentine are still at large," Cole says.

"Serpentine, we've been exiled for the last time. Fear not, I will lead you," Skales says.

"Lead us?" Mezmo asks. "To where? The City of Ouroboros has been destroyed. We have no home."

"You want to lead us so badly, why should we trust you?" Fang-Suei asks.

"Because I was the one who told you in the first place not to awaken the Devourer. But no, you listened to Pythor," Skales says.

"You want a home... I'll give you a home," Lord Garmadon interrupts.

"Lord Garmadon!" Skales says.

"Forgive me, I haven't been myself lately. But now that I have the Golden Weapons, it's time that I got back to my roots. If I'm going to rule Ninjago, I know I can't do it all by myself. The Skeletons served their purpose, but I've always been partial to snakes. If you want someone to follow, follow me," Garmadon says as the Serpentine cheers.

"You are to follow me, not him!" Skales says as everyone follows Garmadon.

"You want a home, I give you a home," Garmadon says as he rebuilds the Bounty.

"The power of the weapons..." Mezmo says.

"I give you the Black Bounty!"

"Imbeciles!" Skales insults. "Do you not remember he was just helping the Ninja? Now you blindly follow him because of his wizardry? He's not even a Serpentine. Rule with me, and we rule as brothers!"