chapter three

Quick lil note:

In V8 racing, there are usually three different levels of penalties regarding incidents on the track. There's careless driving, then reckless, then dangerous, dangerous being the worst. Each come with increased level of punishment. If a driver is charged with dangerous driving, they can be disqualified from future races. 

This will make more sense when you read :))

-m

Frankie Doyle

November

"Frankie, where are you going?" Brooklyn yelled after me. 

I ignored her. I was on a mission. Someone needed to teach that fucking British prick that no one messes with my family. 

I could practically feel the steam bursting from my ears. My family is the most important think to me. When I've had nothing, when I've had everything, they have always been the constant in my life. Without my dad, mum and brother by my side, I don't know who I would be. They are the people that give me purpose.

I feel an hand wrap around my wrist, bringing me to an abrupt stop.

"Frankie, stop and think," Brooklyn turned me around to face her.

"Brooklyn, his reckless driving could have cost my brother his life. He'll be lucky if he only comes away with a few bruises," I scoffed.

"Frankie," Brooklyn repeats my name softly. "Benji is okay. His only injury is a scratch on his hand. What Harry did was stupid, but let the officials deal with it, otherwise you'll only get yourself and Benji into trouble. Please, just come back to the pit, it's not worth it."

She was right, and I was planning on following her back to the pit. That was until I saw the reason for my rage walking past me towards his pit.

"Hold that thought Brooks," I say, holding up a finger before yelling out, "oi! Sixty-Seven!"

He stops in his tracks, turning to face me.

"Can I help you, Francesca was it?" He says plainly in that gorgeous deep British accent of his as he removed his ear plugs.

No Frankie! Little dick, big head, little dick, big head.

I roll my eyes not-so-subtly.

"Frankie!" I huffed. "Look, you knew you couldn't gain enough speed to overtake Benji around that bend. What you did was stupid and reckless and you could have seriously injured my brother-"

"Is he seriously injured?" He interrupted with a bored tone.

"No, but that's not the point-"

"Frankie, these things happen in motorsport. I took a risk, it didn't pan out. I'm sorry, but it is what it is. I can't change it." He shrugged, like he didn't have a care in the world.

"Oh yeah, it's all fine and dandy for you because the only damage to you car was the paint job. Benji's car is in pieces scattered across the fucking track! You'll get to finish the touring championship while he gets to sit on the sidelines until we can sort out a new fucking car. The least you can do is go over there and apologise you arrogant son of a bitch!" I go to raise my arm to slap him across the face. What I didn't realise is that both Brooklyn and Benji were stood behind me and quickly held me back.

"For fucks sake!" I exclaimed.

Harry looked over my shoulder to Benji, "look mate, I made a mistake. I'm sorry for the part I played in your crash."