chapter nineteen

Frankie Doyle

The sun was streaming in to my room from the closed slits of my blinds. I couldn't help but smile to myself as I laid in between the two people I loved most in this world.

Waking up between Harry and Brooklyn was starting to become a regular thing.

My home had always been Brooklyn's safe haven. She was always welcome here and I wasn't going to let that change because I had a boyfriend. 

I was really lucky that Harry understood our relationship and didn't mind. 

In saying that, it's not like Brooklyn was staying at mine every other day, and if she knew Harry was coming, she always offered to sleep on the couch. We all found ways to work with and around each other and I loved it.

Harry was snuggled into my back, his arm lazily thrown around my stomach. I could feel his head resting against my shoulder, his breath rhythmically blowing against my skin.

I loved the feeling of waking up next to him. It always set me up for a good mood. I was afraid that being single for so long would have left me too comfortable in my own space, that I wouldn't want to be around someone so constantly. I couldn't have been more wrong though. 

On the nights that we weren't together, I found myself wishing that we were. My mind was constantly thinking of him.

I never wanted to be one of those girls that always had their boyfriends on my mind, but what would you expect when my boyfriend looks the way he does.

I opened my eyes as I heard the shutter on a phone camera go off.

"Shit, sorry," Brooklyn whispered, "You both just look too cute."

"What time is it?" I whispered back, tightening Harry's arms around me.

"Almost 8:30," she replied

"Nooo, ugh, I need more sleep," I complained.

"I can make some pancakes if you want?" She suggested.

"Waffles?" I raised my eyebrows in hope.

"Yeah, if you want," she smiled.

"You're the best," I sighed in happiness.

"Heeeyy," a very raspy sounding Harry sounded from behind me, before pressing his lips against my shoulder blade.

"I don't see you getting up to make me waffles," I shrugged. I couldn't see his face, but I could tell he was pouting.

"Plus, I've got seventeen years of friendship on you buddy, I'll always be the best," Brooklyn sassed as she lifted up the covers.

"Yeah, alright," he dismissed as she walked out of the room.

I turned around to face him, pushing the hair from his eyes.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"I've felt worse, but definitely still in the realm of being hit by a car," he sighed, bringing me closer to him. "Thank you for last night though, I know I was pretty out of it. Must've been a pain in the ass."

"You were fine. Plus you looked after me when I was in the same state and we weren't even together then," I smiled.

"I know I got pretty upset though, I'm sorry you had to deal with that," he breathed out, looking away from me.

"Harry, you know you can be vulnerable with me right? You don't ever have to be ashamed of getting upset, or crying, or missing your mum. You don't have to pretend to be strong all the time. I'm here for you, always. We are supposed to support each other," I said, bringing my hand up to his cheek.