chapter forty*

Song: The Man Who Sold the World, David Bowie

I laughed and shook his hand, and made my way back home

Frankie Doyle

December

The ringing of Harry's alarm brought me unwillingly from my sleep. 

Most people choose to have a calming alarm tone to gently bring you out of the peacefulness that is sleep...

But not this fucker...

He has fucking marimba set as his alarm tone.

So, not only do I think my phone is ringing every time I hear it, I get a fucking heart attack as well.

"Morning Sunshine," he breathed, snaking his hands around my waist, pulling me as close to him as physically possible.

"Baby, I love you, but I'm begging you, please change your alarm. It scares the shit out of me every time I hear it," I grumbled against his chest.

"I've had it as this once for as long as I can remember. I'm in too deep to change it now," he chuckled lightly.

"You're a pain in the ass," I sighed.

"I'm not, but I could be if you wanted," he smirked, running his hands over my ass.

"It's too early for this," I laughed.

"Hey baby," he whispered.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"We're going to England." I could hear the excitement in his voice.

"Yeah, we are," I smiled, pressing a kiss to his nose. "We'll be able to pick up Benji and Dad from the airport on Wednesday, right?"

"Yeah, of course," he confirmed, before burying his head into the crook of my neck. "I'm so excited to go, but I'm also so comfy right now. I don't want to move."

"I know, but we should probably get up," I sighed, turning away from him to flick on the lamp next to me.

The world was silent around us. The sky was still littered with stars as the three-thirty am moon shone through the crack in the blinds.

There was something so peaceful about knowing that everyone around us was asleep.

We eventually managed to roll out of bed, both showering before we threw on some comfy clothes. 

I wore some black leggings with one of Harry's jumpers. It was one of my favourites of his and it very quickly had been relocated into my wardrobe. It was black and had the solar system embroidered into it.  I stuffed a jacket into my carry-on so that I was prepared for when we actually got to England.

Harry was wearing some jeans with a white t-shirt and a knitted cardigan that looked like a rubix cube. I fucking loved it.

 I fucking loved it