chapter sixty three

Song: Easy Tiger, Billy Raffoul

People gonna love you, then they're gonna leave you, that's just the way of life

Frankie Doyle

June

I looked around my house. It was filled with the people that I loved. I couldn't decide if that made me want to smile or break down, because I knew why they were here and that reason was killing me.

Having a goodbye party seemed like a good idea at the time, but now as I stood in the kitchen watching my friends and family mingle with each other, I felt like my heart was screaming. It only solidified the fact that Harry was leaving me in two days.

Harry's friends had become my own, and mine had become his. I knew that without him there, I would still have them, but there was going to be a gaping hole where he should've been. I don't know if I could ever mentally prepare myself for that.

"Drink," Brooklyn came up beside me, thrusting a shot of tequila into my hand.

"Brooks..." I sighed.

"You need it," she insisted.

I glanced at Harry across the room. He was talking to my dad and his dad. They were all laughing...

I didn't think about it for another second, instead I tossed the drink to the back of my throat. If I was going to survive tonight, I was going to need a little bit of help.

"Another?" She asked.

"Please," I responded, passing the the glass back.

"It'll be okay, you know," she smiled sympathetically, handing me the refilled glass.

"Not now Brooks. I can't deal with it now," I said, tipping the second glass back. My face scrunched at the taste.

"You're gonna have to deal with it at some point though," she smiled sadly.

"Yes. But not tonight," I sighed, grabbing the bottle of tequila off the bench. Maybe if I drunk enough tonight, I wouldn't remember that he was leaving.

"Frank..."

"I'm okay. Let's just have fun," I shrugged, dismissing her pity. I didn't want her pity, I wanted her tequila.

"If that's what you want," she smiled, taking the bottle out of my hand.

"Hey," I pouted.

Brooklyn rolled her eyes with a smile as she took a swig, before placing the bottle back into my hand.

"Can I have everyone's attention?" Niall called over the music.

The sounds of conversations dulled as people turned to face him.

"I just wanted to take a moment to say a quick few words about everyone's favourite curly haired lad," Niall started. "I've been lucky enough to know 'im practically all me life. He's the only one at school that I could stand to be around as we were growin' up. So much so that I followed you to a completely foreign country. I feel like we've gone through a lot together. You've grown so much over the past few years, although I don't think that has anything to do you with you. We all know it was Frankie who whipped ya into shape," he paused as small laughs erupted. I felt a pang in my heart when he said my name. Harry looked over to me and I raised the bottle of tequila towards him with a smile as our eyes locked.

"I've never really had to say a goodbye like this before. You're me best mate and I'm not exactly sure what I'm gonna do with ya gone, but I know that you're gonna smash it over in America. I love ya mate."