chapter fifty four

Song: Out of the Woods, Taylor Swift

Frankie Doyle

April

Three weeks...

Three weeks of me doing absolutely nothing. I was crawling out of my skin. 

I was never opposed to a lazy day before, but I've had three weeks worth of lazy days, where the only effort I've had to put in is making sure that I don't re-injure myself. I couldn't be more over it.

I understand that I need to get better, and the more I rest, the faster it'll happen. The only issue is that I love to work and I love to be busy. With my line of work, there's not much that I can do sitting on my couch, or lying in bed.

Even the interviews that I did after my crash all took place from my living room...

There were also very few moments that I had to myself as well. The people around me were so loving and supportive, but sometimes it came across as too loving and supportive. I never had a moment alone, not even in the bathroom.

Harry had to help me shower. I still wasn't strong enough to do it on my own and we didn't want to take any chance that I might fall and hurt myself further.

For the first week and a half of being home, he literally wouldn't even let me pee on my own because the toilet was free standing, so there was nothing to support me as I sat down and stood up. This was until I begged him to let me have some independence somewhere in my life. So he and my dad made a little rail to fit next to the toilet so I could support myself.

If Harry had to go to work, someone was always here with me. Since Brooklyn had a nine to five job, it was usually Benji, my dad or Niall, if he wasn't working on a show, that would stop by. They really tried to convince me that they just wanted to hang out with me, but I know they all had a little agreement with Harry to make sure someone was always here.

It was sweet and I appreciate the fact that they all care for me so much, but god, it was suffocating.

I had managed to piece together most of the events of the day of the crash. The only thing I couldn't remember, no matter how hard I tried, was the crash itself, but the doctors I had seen said that it wouldn't be a shock if I never regained that memory.

To be completely honest, I don't think I'd want to remember it anyways.

"Honey, I'm home," Harry's voice rung through the apartment in a sweet mockery of the statement, pulling from my thoughts.

"Sugar! I missed you," Niall called from next to me, jumping up before sprinting to Harry, wrapping his arms around him.

"Get a room," I complained, grabbing a throw cushion, pathetically trying to lob it at the two. It landed about a metre away from where I was sitting.

"Frankie, baby, I love you, but that was terrible," Harry laughed, letting go of Niall to pick up the cushion and place it back on the couch.

"Leave me alone," I complained. "I'm broken."

"I know baby, I'm sorry," Harry whispered sweetly, before placing a gentle kiss on my lips.

"Now who needs to get a room?" Niall scoffed.

I simply raised my middle finger towards him in response.

"So how was your dad today?" I asked Harry as he sat down next to me, while Niall sat on the floor nest to the coffee table.

"He was really good. I think me spending some time with him is really having a positive affect on him. Gemma called to tell me that dad called her for the first time in over a year. Usually she would be the one calling him. The car is coming along really nicely too. We've almost finished the engine," Harry glowed as he spoke. He really did seem genuinely happy to be hanging out with his dad again and I was so happy for him.