chapter five

i'm sorry, this was meant to be up yesterday. you could say i was facing the repercussions of my actions on new years eve haha.

can we please take a moment to appreciate the masterpiece that is treat people with kindness.

Frankie Doyle

November

"I don't recall hiring a new race engineer," a deep British voice sounded from behind me.

"Oh fuck me," I whispered, slowly turning around to face the very angry, but pretty, man standing by the entrance of the pit.

"Maybe some other time. Now do you want to tell me what you were doing on my computer?"

I didn't know what to say... All that was running through my mind was that I had fucked up Benji's race career.

Where the fuck is Brooklyn?

"I...uh..." I stuttered.

"You've got ten seconds to tell me what you were doing before I call an official," Sixty-Seven said, rather nonchalantly, his emerald green eyes boring into my own blue-green ones.

"No! Please no. I was... uh... checking my emails?" It came out more like a question than an answer.

He gave me a sarcastic smile, "Try again."

I had two options here. One. Don't tell him anything, that way he will definitely go to an official and I will definitely get fired. Two. Be honest. Which result in him possibly going to an offical, or maybe we could deal with it just between us... yeah, nah, probably not.

I didn't realise how long I had been standing there thinking until my thoughts were interrupted by his deep voice, "I'm going to get an offical."

"Fuck, no, stop!" I yelled... He listened.

I was about to be either incredibly smart, or incredibly stupid... Let's be honest, this is definitely going to bite me in the ass but I didn't have another choice.

"Look, I was really mad about the crash and the way you responded to it. I didn't think you deserved to win after driving like that, especially against my brother. I wanted to use your own tactic against you. The way you learned the race track by copying other drivers... I wanted to make sure that everything you did on the track, Benji could do better. So I didn't come here to check my emails, obviously-"

"No shit Sherlock," he interrupted.

"I came in here to steal you race data, so that I could study how you race and teach Benji to use you own driving technique against you," I sighed. I've potentially just fucked everything up.

"Wow. I didn't actually expect you to tell me," He laughs in shock. "Obviously I'm going to need the flash drive," He holds out his hand expectantly.

"I mean do you? Do you really? What's a little bit of unfair competition between friends?" I try.

"Friends? I wouldn't exactly call us friends Francesca."

"Frankie," I sigh.

"And what is Frankie short for..." He raises an eyebrow.

"Francesca," I huff.

"You call my by my number, then I'll call you by your full name. Seems fair," He shrugs.

"Whatever. Well, what now?" I ask nervously. I hate the fact that he has both mine and my brother's careers in his hands.

"Well, I could go to the officials, what you've done is serious misconduct-"