◤kaulayaw◢

KAW-la-yaw /(kɑʊ̯lɑjɒ:)/
noun; Tagalog
an intimate or close companion/friend

☠︎~~~☠︎

What Harry said about Umbridge trying to interrogate people about Sirius's whereabouts proved to be true. Later that day, she received a letter from a rather small owl to see the new Headmistress at three quarters past five p.m. April fourth.

"But that's the day of the full moon. Bloody tomorrow," Elara complained to Hermione the day before, taking the letter back from her. "It's going to be a grand ol' day, isn't it?"

They weren't even at a meeting at the windowsill; they had simply moved to talk to each other during Astronomy. Elara usually thoroughly enjoyed Astronomy, it being one of the only subjects she's good at and all, but the moon being almost full and wanting to avoid seeing it as much as possible made her fail to complete her star chart miserably.

Hermione shrugged. "Well, maybe if you told me-"

"No."

"Okay," Hermione sighed defeatedly, eyeing Elara suspiciously as she returned to her practice-for-O.W.L.s star chart. "Tell you what," Hermione prompted, causing Elara to look up again. "I'll go with you."

Elara furrowed her eyebrows in plain befuddlement. "How would you do that? I'm sure the blasted toad wouldn't let you in there-"

"Not actually come in with you," Hermione explained, then raised her eyebrows momentarily. "Well, I'm sure Harry would let me borrow his cloak, but that's beside the point- The point is, I'll wait outside for you, then when you leave you can vent to me, let off some steam, then we'll go to dinner and watch a film afterward, like last month."

"What are you going to do for the time I'm in there?" Elara asked, dipping her quill into ink again because she hadn't written anything, and the ink on her quill had already dried. "Can I copy yours?"

"No," Hermione scolded, and Elara huffed miserably. "I'll just sit outside and read like I always do. Come on, Mellilla, I know you'd prefer it."

Elara was in one of her moods again where she didn't know why Hermione was being persistent and asked loads of questions- like she always does. "What if we fall asleep there again? It's a Thursday tomorrow; we can't get away with it."

"I'll just... tell Lavender and Parvati that I'm in going to the Library or something. They'll probably think I just fell asleep there or something and won't snitch on me. You can tell your friends the same," Hermione explained, barely focusing on her star chart anymore, partly because it was nearly finished and partly because Elara always needed much convincing in times like these.

"I don't think they'd care if I'm gone or not," Elara murmured in reference to her own friends, who she turned her head to look at. "Some friends, aren't they?"

The whole Dumbledore's Army mishap had caused a major divide in the group, causing three more to come about. Elara and Adelaide, Draco and Pansy, and Theo, Daphne, and Blaise. Theo and Blaise seemed to be the only people connecting them to each other, having to run around to talk to them all since they wouldn't talk to each other. Daphne was the same, but she still wouldn't talk to Pansy.

Hermione frowned, looking up at the stars once more to mark the last position she needed- the position of Venus- and put her quill down. Forgetting to whisper due to Elara's alarming remark, she asked, "Is everything al-"

"Save the chatter for tomorrow, ladies," denounced Professor Sinistra as she passed the pair, and Elara mumbled a curse under her breath as Hemione stared at the sky as if she had not been talking at all.