◤immolate◢

im·mo·late /ˈiməˌlāt/
verb
to destroy by fire

☠︎~~~☠︎

130
Snowy morning-
one crow
after another.

Notes by Elara: Crows fly in winter? Like, during the snow? This is why I don't have a bird, Étoile: I don't understand their... migration... hibernation... despite that, this poem shows that crows just come one after another. Like people.

☠︎~~~☠︎

When Elara was younger, Moony told her stories to keep them preoccupied when there was little to do. A lot of it had to do with Remus's seven years at Hogwarts, as he usually skirted around the subject about the war since the Marauders and co left school, but sometimes, he allowed just a bit of information to pass through. Just as long as it related to Marlene, but never Sirius. Never ever Sirius.

Thus, Elara had grown up without much information about her father. Of course, at the time, she knew that he was a back-stabbing traitor and a murderous moron, but those tables were turned when she was fourteen. And that was when she finally got stories, actually meeting her father properly, going to live at Grimmauld place in May of 1995, and then everything went from there.

Nevertheless, the stories about schooling were always interesting, and that's what made Elara want to go to Hogwarts so much. The talking paintings, the ghosts that traveled through walls, being able to practice magic freely in general, hell, even the moving staircases entranced her. And the list goes on of things that were absolutely wonderful: the Black Lake with the Giant Squid inside, some of the rooms never being in the same place, and so much more.

It wasn't just the stories of the things that existed inside Hogwarts that blew Elara's mind, but the friendships that erupted there. Oh, how she loved hearing stories about the pranks the Marauders played and how their friendship grew into a brotherhood rather quickly. As stated before, she had grown up and was rather independent, so longing for other fellowship grew mildly and only enhanced when she learned she'd be going to Hogwarts.

Of course, she didn't end up going to Hogwarts the fall after she turned eleven, but that was for the best. Her legilimency was out of control, and full moons were worse than they were when she first entered Hogwarts. Besides, at the time, she would much rather sit at Andromeda and Teddy's house in the drawing-room reading up on DADA with a warm cup of tea and a fresh muffin right out of the oven beside her, the record player going and going and going...

Nevertheless, Elara didn't regret not going earlier. Sure, she missed out on the events that took place, like Professor Quirell literally hiding Voldemort under his turban, a snake petrifying muggle-borns, dementors surrounding the grounds on guard for her father, or a deathly tournament for the winnings of only a thousand galleons, but that was okay. Again, she would rather curl up on a cold day in her room reading about charms than be terrified of being killed by the monster that was rumored to dwell in the Chamber of Secrets.

But, when she did end up going to Hogwarts, she fell in love with Hermione bloody Granger and was not complaining. To say the least, she was happy with the plan she went with Hogwarts wise. She was happy with how her schooling went.

Now, the war was a different story.

While the stories Moony told Elara about the war weren't horrifying, they weren't the most joyful things to listen to. Still, young Elara would take any information she could get about her mother. There were times where Remus and Marlene just needed to sit in the Three Broomsticks and make sure some suspects weren't up to anything. And there were times where they would guard a Death Eater's house and sooner or later get into a duel.