◤fract◢

fr-act /fɹækt/
verb
to break; to violate

☠︎~~~☠︎

55
Yellow rose petals
thunder-
a waterfall.

Notes by Elara: Picture this. It all clashes together- yellow for thunder, and the waterfall with the rain. Just think about how cool that is. I'd love to be outside during a thunderstorm (want to come with me?), but I'm pretty sure I'd have a higher probability of dying...

☠︎~~~☠︎

Elara was not sure if she was excited for the first Hogsmeade trip of the term or not. She was definitely anticipating it nervously, but excited was a very different word.

Thankfully, the day before the trip, Adelaide tracked her down and made her talk to the rest of the group (excluding Draco; they couldn't find him. Believe me, they tried).

It turns out they did trust her.

"You haven't given us a reason not to trust you. Why wouldn't we?" implied Daphne, which raised Elara's spirits in the greatest.

Blaise also explained that Draco was probably being dramatic and pissy since Urquhart was on his arse about Quidditch. Pansy informed that she and Blaise only started practicing Occlumency due to their parent's requests.

They all still didn't have a clue what Draco was doing.

But for now, Elara saw it fit not to read anyone in the friend group anymore purposefully. Or, at least, dig too deep. Not like she did before the conversation with her cousin, of course.

Adelaide had informed the group that she had been invited to one of the Slug Club dinners and had 'forgotten' to tell them about it. She said it was because of her parent's bookshop (which also holds antiques and ancient artifacts), and while Elara understood that, she still wanted in on that club.

The reason why she was anxiously anticipating the Hogsmeade trip was that Adelaide had given her, Pansy, and Daphne permission to be at the Three Broomsticks the same time she and Elliott were going, just to make sure things would run smoothly. While Adelaide had given the go-ahead so she wouldn't make a fool of herself, Elara knew she would be perfect no matter what she said, and she wanted to make sure Elliott didn't get out of hand.

Unfortunately, Daphne was going on a date with Kay ("To Tomes and Scrolls! I told you that'd be a good date location!"), and Pansy was going on a date with Theo. Draco had detention with McGonagall, and Blaise didn't know if he was going to go or not. So that left Elara without any Slytherins. She did ask Hermione, but she had already made plans with Ron and Harry. But there was one more person...

"Of course, I'll go with you to Hogsmeade!" exclaimed Lynn the night before, walking with Elara to the Potions classroom, where they had to check up on their Dreamless Sleep Potions before the next class to make sure it simmers correctly. "I was afraid I would have to tag along with Parvati and Lavender, and all they talk about is Witch Weekly... though I do love adding on to their divination talks..."

"We're-" Elara made air quotes, "-helping Adelaide not make a fool of herself. She told me to be discreet, though, because Elliott would recognize me. So, I was thinking..." she trailed, smiling mischievously, "disguises?"

Lynn beamed and clapped her hands, thrilled. "Definitely. I've been practicing my Transfiguration spells," informed Lynn, swinging her arms back and forth erratically.

"Good. Because I haven't," Elara replied, relieved as she pushed open the Potions door to find a few sixth-year students in there already: Terry Boot, Ernie Macmillian, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger, all working hard on their potions.