◤amative◢

a-ma-tive /ˈam.ə.tɪv/
adjective
inclined toward or displaying love

☠︎~~~☠︎

118
Nothing more lonely-
heart-shaped
paulownia leaf.

Notes by Elara: I have no idea what a paulownia leaf is, but that's kind of sad... anyway, ♡ for you

☠︎~~~☠︎

As her feet landed on cement once again, Elara was grateful that she decided to apparate directly onto the steps instead of the pavement or the street's actual cement. There were two hooded figures just across and down the street, staring directly at the house, and Elara knew they were Death Eaters.

Them alone gave Elara mixed feelings: they could know Harry, Ron, and Hermione were in Grimmauld Place and were standing there for a reason. Either that or they knew Harry had owned the house now since Sirius's will must've gone through the Ministry, which they had control of, and were just watching to make sure he didn't show up. But, nonetheless, they were Death Eaters, of course. It was frightening and unnerving, and Elara shivered as she turned back to the black door.

The sun was setting now, and it cast a warm, orange glow over the buildings as Elara moved her wand toward the doorway, careful not to slip outside the protections that she knew were there. Specifically, the protections that prevented her from being seen. She tapped the door cautiously, and the sound of locks undoing themselves and chains clattering before the entrance creaked open gradually, and Elara hurried inside.

She closed the door softly behind her, observing the house she had always loathed yet knew as well as the back of her hand. It was still cob-webbed, still dark and eerie, with oil lamps dimly lighting up the hallway. The last time Elara had stepped foot in the house, Sirius had been alive, and everything was slightly better than it was now. Fewer deaths, more happiness, less anxiousness... Elara figured the only thing that was better now was that they had more knowledge on Voldemort, and she was actually dating Hermione now instead of pining for her.

There was the sound of the shower running in the distance; the probability leaned toward that sound indicated someone was there, and Elara shined with triumph and made to step forward. However, as soon as she did so, a hoarse voice that Elara immediately recognized as Mad-Eye Moody's croaked, "Severus Snape?" The whole situation instantly set Elara on edge as she stumbled backward and pressed her back to the door, shocked and terrified. Hearing Mad-Eye's voice again after he died was horrifying, not to mention he asked if Elara was none other than who killed Dumbledore.

"Snivellus? I'm not Snape!" retorted Elara hastily, but as she spoke, she felt her tongue roll back in her mouth and lock in place. As soon as she reached up to clamp her hand over her mouth in an absolute panic, it unraveled itself, and she was able to speak again. And, she eagerly took that chance, alarmed, and she wasn't so sure if she wanted to be there anymore. Still, she took several steps forward as she shouted, yelling at mere air, "What in Circe, Merlin, and Morgana's names was that?! Didn't I just tell you I wasn't-?!"

As Elara took those steps forward, a swirl of wind rose from the end of the hall, causing Elara to retreat again, holding up her wand this time. The wind turned to be a ghostly figure, one with long hair and beard, hallow, empty eyes, and holding up a pointed, wrinkly, and old finger at Elara as it rushed toward her at rapid speed. Dumbledore.

Screaming, Elara only caused her grandmother from her portrait to start doing so too. "I didn't kill you, I swear!" shrieked Elara, holding her arms in front of her face defensively and squeezing her eyes shut. "I was down in the dungeons of Hogwarts when you died!"