◤nīpan◢

ni-paan /ɛn pæ:n/
verb
to grow dark; to become darker, as the light fades away

cw: slight sexual content, nothing major though (yet)

☠︎~~~☠︎

-yearly

when we danced in the snow
that's when we started to grow
and when we danced under the stars
that night was completely ours
what's next, darling?
I hope it is us it's starring

☠︎~~~☠︎

Contentment never lasts- the same with happiness. There's no light without shadow. It's all something Elara's come to learn over the span of her lifetime.

That proved true two days after she and Hermione's anniversary, at dinner, which wasn't going very well. By then, they had run out of food between the four of them and couldn't think of any more places to go to with grocery stores near them.

Therefore, Hermione apparated them to by a riverbank in Wales that morning, which thankfully had fish, and Harry caught some. Elara cooked, something she had never been good at but wanted to do something helpful since Hermione looked exhausted from putting up protections on the rough landscape, which went up and down with hills and rocks, so it wasn't proportional. Of course, she made the food as best she can, but it really came out looking like a gray clump of dirt. Still, it was food, and they were all starving, so they ate.

But, it didn't help their bad moods, and it didn't go without Ron complaining, the Horcrux gleaming around his neck as he did so. On the other hand, Elara had the necklace Dumbledore had given her around her own neck, deciding that she should be trying to figure out what it did. Again, it caused no difference, and she kept pulling at it as she ate.

"My mother," began Ron moodily, pushing around the fish on his plate with his fork pickily, "can make good food appear out of thin air." Elara huffed, glared at him momentarily, and went back to eating, choosing not to say anything. When she glanced at Harry, he seemed to be fighting the urge to snap at Ron too. Yet, Hermione did. 

"Your mother can't produce food out of thin air," contradicted Hermione coldly, taking a bite of her food just to spite him and swallowing before continuing. Elara would've beamed at her for her next statement if Ron didn't interrupt her. "No one can. Food is the first of the five Principal Exceptions to Gamp's Law of Elemental Transfigur-"

"Oh, speak English, can't you?" intervened Ron harshly. Hermione didn't seem stung at all and opened her mouth to retort, which Elara prided her for, but she just had to get one good insult at him for that comment. Just one. She had to.

"Fous-sa la Paix," muttered Elara smartly, leaning into the table slightly and narrowing her eyes at Ron, who glared back. She shook her head and dropped her gaze, adding for good measure, "Va te faire cuire le cul..." Hermione stifled a snicker from beside her, as Elara had taught her that specific insult, which meant 'Go cook your own arse.' Elara cracked a small smile at that, content with listening to Hermione's further information.

"It's impossible to make good food out of nothing!" resumed Hermione reasonably, her tone as a matter-of-factly as possible. Elara felt the need to nod along, so she did and did so profusely. "You can summon it if you know where it is, you can transform it, you can increase the quantity if you've already got some, but it's incredibly hard-"

"Well, don't bother increasing it," interrupted Ron once more, seeming completely done with eating altogether, "it's disgusting." While Elara agreed, it did taste disgusting, it was food, and all they had at the moment, so she threw her napkin at him, which he threw back feebly with a sneer.