◤gossipry◢

goh-sip-pree /gɒsipʁi/
noun
a special intimacy between people // talk of a personal, sensational, or intimate nature

cw: injuries and slight sexual content

☠︎~~~☠︎

201
Summer grove-
pasania tree and I
find shelter. 

Notes by Elara: I think sitting under a tree is really nice, especially when it's hot. I don't know. The little patches in the tree making specific spots on you burn are annoying, but otherwise, nice. Let's hope you read this when the sun is still out so we can do it, yeah?

☠︎~~~☠︎

During the days leading up to September first, Elara and Hermione were on much better terms, yet not as good as they used to be. They both figured that would take some time, and they both didn't mind. Nevertheless, whenever the two would go to sleep, now, they would face each other before they drifted off and somehow always ended up in each other's arms, laughing awkwardly each time they woke up in that position.

Hermione and Elara's new behavior did not go unnoticed by Harry and Ron, either, as Elara and Hermione were smiling around and at each other a lot more now. Not to mention talking more, and overall seemed happier and more at peace. They, too, recognized that it wasn't the same as before, but it was all a matter of drifting back together. And if Elara could get over the sinking feeling of not ever being able to compare to Harry or Ron.

And so, September first arrived rather quickly, and Elara was finding it hard to comprehend that a month ago was Bill and Fleur's wedding. A month ago, the Ministry had fallen. A month ago, Hermione, Harry, and Ron had disapparated without her... but she pushed that thought away. A month ago, she and Hermione were sneaking in as many moments as possible locked up in Ginny's room, just before the wedding started when they were both in their dresses, stealing kisses behind closed doors. Elara missed the feeling of being generally okay at the moment.

The only thing Elara missed more than Hermione's kisses (which happened minimally, but at least once a day) was Hermione's touch, which wasn't that far off the beaten track. She figured that it would come back soon, and they just had to get back into their groove of things, like the fight in October into November. Still, Elara missed the way Hermione would trail her fingers on Elara's collarbone ever so delicately, the way she would hold her like she would never let go, the way she would interlock her fingers with Elara's at any point that her hands weren't busy...

Except, as they were sitting at the dinner table, surrounded by notes, newspaper clippings, and hand-drawn maps of the Ministry and their entrances, Hermione's hands were busy, yet she still took the time to hold Elara's. Ron was in the drawing-room, presumably toying with his Deluminator, as the light kept turning off and on, and Harry was on spying watch that day and should be back anytime now.

As stated, Hermione still took the time to hold Elara's hand. Despite her reading over the newspaper thoroughly from the day before and using her hands to flip the pages, her left pinky was toying with Elara's right one, to which Elara grasped her hand immediately. Elara was reading through a leaflet on how the Ministry was constructed, picked up by Hermione on one of her watch days, and now had to push the pages apart with her non-dominant hand, so it was uncomfortable but completely worth it.

"You did that a year ago, you know," mumbled Elara a few moments after, not taking her eyes off her pamphlet, yet she felt Hermione's gaze land on the side of her head. "On the train. Remember? And a little while later I told you that you don't have to ask. I forget when, but we were watching a film..." she continued absently, looking up subconsciously to try and remember the details, then giving up and going back to reading.