◤peripeteia◢

per-uh-pi-tee-uh /ˌperəpəˈtēyə/
noun
a sudden or unexpected reversal of circumstances; the point of no return

cw: very slight sexual content :)

also... um... this is over 11k words... enjoy?

☠︎~~~☠︎

119
'Now darkness falls,'
quail chirps,
'what use hawk-eyes?'

Notes by Elara: Why would the quail be commenting on the hawk's eyes? I'm not good at literature.

☠︎~~~☠︎

Four casualties. Mad-Eye was dead, George got bloody (literally) attacked by none other than Snape and got his ear cut off, and Mundungus fled as soon he saw Voldemort. Hedwig also got killed, but Harry wasn't telling anyone. Elara was able to pick it up off of him based on the energy he was giving off. Not to mention that Harry had a vision of Ollivander getting tortured by Voldemort, too. Lovely.

Harry really was not getting a break!

Despite this, Mrs. Weasley still put the four planning to run off to work for the wedding. Elara, Ron, and Hermione had informed Harry that Mrs. Weasley was determinedly trying to figure out what they were up to. Having already cornered the three of them over the two weeks before Harry had arrived and got no proper answer, Mrs. Weasley rounded on Harry and found nothing as well. Of course, Remus and Mr. Weasley had tried to ask, but when told that it was work that Dumbledore left them, they dropped it.

On the topic of Elara's godfather, Remus and Bill had gone to search for Mad-Eye's body and found nothing, according to them during dinner the night after the whole ambush had occurred.

"No news about Mad-Eye?" asked Harry gloomily, picking at his food. He had been doing that the whole dinner, and Elara was observing him ever so often. Of course, Harry hadn't ever really been all right, but ever since Dumbledore had died and the whole news about Snape and Draco had surfaced, it seemed to be a fair bit worse. Elara couldn't blame him.

"Nothing," answered Bill somberly, passing Fleur some of the breadsticks she had been reaching for. "The Daily Prophet hasn't said a word about him dying or about finding the body. But that doesn't mean much. It's been keeping a lot quiet these days."

That meant something Elara was all too familiar with. No body, no funeral.

"Sad we can't hold a funeral for Moody, right?" mumbled Elara to Hermione next to her as the conversation with the others proceeded into Voldemort and the Ministry. Hermione didn't say anything but turned her head toward Elara to show she was listening since Elara's tone indicated that she had more to say. "Reminds me of Sirius. I wish we could've had a funeral for him. He always showed me he loved me even if I didn't love him back, since he was gone for most of my life and all. I just wish I got more time with him... show it back."

Hermione held Elara's hand under the table and squeezed it, which was comforting. She seemed to take immense notice to the second to last sentence. "I'm sure he wished the same thing," responded Hermione before turning her attention to the talk at the table once more since it was talking about disguising Harry for the wedding.

Of course, Ron had come up with some crazy theory that Mad-Eye was still alive, which Elara took no interest in and spent the next day helping Hermione sort her books out. That afternoon consisted of a conversation of Harry trying to get them all to opt-out of running off with him, which Hermione rejected immediately. Which then moved on to discuss R.A.B. again.

"Elara came up with the idea that it could be Sirius's brother, Regulus," explained Hermione as she steadied a huge pile of books that was about to topple over after smacking Elara's hand away as she was trying to place another book on top of it. "Or any other pureblood with a B at the start of their last name. Whoever it is, what if they've already destroyed it? How would we find out?"