◤ramé◢

ra-mei /(ʁame)/
adjective; Balinese
something that is both chaotic and joyful at the same time

☠︎~~~☠︎

You'd think that someone who could read emotions like a newspaper sprawled out in front of them would be able to identify their own. But, alas, that's absolutely not the case for Elara, of course.

She didn't know why merely looking at Hermione Granger would send her emotions into bloody oblivion if Hermione was the one person she couldn't read without explanation. Therefore, she told herself that it was the other things going on at the present moment.

For example, when she and Theo talked discreetly about Potions theory during Study Hall on Wednesday, Elara looked up and caught Hermione's eye. And when Hermione smiled at her (as Elara had just floated her daily flower onto Hermione's desk), a surge of what felt like blasted ants crawling through her bloodstream occurred. She brushed it off as greatly enjoying that she actually understood what Theo was going on about.

Or when students were chosen to hand out delicate rune stones. Hermione, being the person she is, volunteered to do so. Elara and Kay were having a fantastic conversation on the muggle play 'Hamlet' when Hermione reached their table. When Hermione briefly joined in to add her opinion on the subject before moving to the next table, Elara's chest turned fuzzy again. And again, she whisked it away as having great respect for the rune artifacts that had just been placed in front of her. It was her favorite subject, after all.

Needless to say, Elara was good at reading emotions but not processing her own.

Although, she did know that she very much enjoyed even simply being in the presence of the bushy-haired girl. Something about her made Elara all giddy inside and brought out what Pansy and Daphne called her 'Inner Hufflepuff-ness' when they noticed. When, as in when Hermione could literally just walk into a classroom, and Elara would immediately blink herself awake as if it was out of habit.

As Elara got along with and knew most of the Hufflepuffs except Zacharias Smith, she couldn't quite see how being cheerful could relate to being a Hufflepuff if it wasn't one of their traits, but she shrugged it off as she was doing with a lot of her thoughts these days. She knew that behavior would come to bite her in the arse one day, but she'd simply wait for that to come—no big deal.

"Stunning is one of the most useful spells in your arsenal," Harry explained that Friday night, walking down the middle of the aisle made by the members of the D.A. Elara was anxiously fiddling with her wand, very much excited. "It's sort of a wizard's bread and butter, really."

"Not for the victim," George whispered from beside her, and Elara put a hand over her mouth to keep from the snickers being too loud, as the rest of the members were tranquil.

"So, come on then, Nigel," continued Harry, turning around to look at the second-year Gryffindor at the other end of the aisle he had just walked from. Standing expectantly, he added, "Give me your best shot."

Elara noticed that Nigel could easily pass for another Weasley.

Nigel did, in fact, give it his best shot, as while he said the word "Stupefy!" he looked like he was going to throw his wand at Harry. But he held on, and a jet of red burst from the end of his wand, hitting Harry in the chest and knocking both of them off their feet.

Multiple people grimaced and gasped, and Elara felt Adelaide jump back slightly when the two Gryffindor's bodies hit the ground with a loud thump.

Harry murmured as he pushed himself up, and Nigel stared at his wand in amusement, "Not bad at all, Nigel... Well done."