◤acaronar◢

a-car-roh-nar /ə.kə.ɾuˈna/
verb; Catalan
to tenderly pull or draw someone closer; to hold, as for comfort, warmth, and/or affection

A/N: with this chapter, can you tell I'm a marauders stan?

☠︎~~~☠︎

-sooner

I wish I had realized
my feelings for you sooner

I know I say that a lot
and you remind me that every time

but it's true, darling
and it will forever be

because then I could've held you
a lot closer than I did before
because then I could've talked to you
more often than I did before
because then I could've stared at you
and know why I did it so often
and felt so at peace when I did

sooner
all sooner
but at least I can do it now

and I promise you
I will make the most of it

☠︎~~~☠︎

Not only Kreacher came back the day after Elara found the trio at Grimmauld Place. Yup, the next day brought a surprise none of the four seventeen-year-olds were expecting.

It was just after breakfast, which Elara had actually come down for. It was awkward, as Harry and Ron tried to make conversation about finding the other Horcruxes either before or after they acquired the locket. Still, both Hermione and Elara were quiet, both stirring the corn flakes in their milk without a word. So, Harry and Ron talked amongst each other to fill the silence.

Soon, Harry left to clean up Sirius's room that way properly, they can start rearranging the house and start sleeping in places other than the couch, and Ron went to do the same, but in the room he and Harry had slept in the summer before their fifth year. That left Hermione still picking at her breakfast and Elara sorting through her rucksack, transferring most of it to her original one, which Hermione had left out for her, also without a word.

From somewhere beneath the clothes she packed, Elara withdrew a small pouch, and she already knew the contents as she dug into it and picked out a small, oval mirror. Due to the previous day's events, she had forgotten that her own bracelet broke and that she had made another mirror to replace Hermione's to make sure it still served a purpose. Not wanting to get separated again, no matter how upset she was with her girlfriend, Elara plucked up some courage and took a deep breath, turning toward Hermione and asking, "Can I see your bracelet?"

Glancing upward at Elara, then down at her own bracelet, and back up at Elara, Hermione furrowed her eyebrows nervously and with befuddlement. They stared at each other for a moment stubbornly before Hermione reached for her wrist, pulling her ruby-embedded bracelet off harshly before tossing it over to Elara, going back to stirring her food around. Elara knew Hermione thought that she was probably taking it away for good because of the fight, but neither of them said anything.

Nevertheless, Elara still got to work, thankfully not feeling Hermione's gaze on her as she did so. But, she did see Hermione anxiously twirling the golden ring on her finger. Ultimately, Elara elected to ignore it, focusing on making sure she didn't crack the mirror with the pressure she had to put on it to get it inside the holder. That'd only make it the same situation as when her own cracked the night of Bill and Fleur's wedding.