◤kilig◢

ki-lig /kēˈlēɡ/
noun
butterflies in one's stomach

☠︎~~~☠︎

It felt bittersweet for Elara to be at the last D.A. meeting of the term.

Last meant, well, last. It meant a break was soon, but that also meant no meetings for three weeks. She couldn't tell if she was excited about the break or sad that meetings were ending for a short while, or both. Both types of meetings she attended fit that description.

She didn't know why her emotions were acting the way they were anymore; she was just waiting for them to make sense to her so she can sit down and deal with them all at once.

As Elara and Adelaide arrived fairly early, they heard the last bits of the conversation some of the Gryffindor quidditch team was having. Well, plus an ex-quidditch team member, disappointed.

"...we've got another seeker!" exclaimed Angelina, seeming impatient and Harry seemed absolutely shocked. Elara and Adelaide exchanged looks of amusement as Adelaide put her bag down, and Elara shut the door as quietly as possible.

Harry asked hastily, "Who?"

"Ginny Weasley," informed Katie, and Elara beamed because hell yeah, Ginny deserved it.

The bespectacled boy's jaw hit the floor. "I know," Angelina replied to his expression, pulling out her wand in the process. "But she's pretty good. Nothing on you, of course," she threw him a nasty look, and Harry immediately, per Elara's dictation, was offended at the expression he was given, "but as we can't have you..."

"Oh, cheer up, Harry," Elara commented, making her way around the group to sling an arm around Harry's shoulder, messing up his hair more than necessary with her hand before patting it down.

The three girls from the Gryffindor Quidditch team didn't seem to mind her presence, as they were particularly placed near each other during other D.A. meetings. Elara often put in her opinion on their latest Quidditch discussion, which they seemed to enjoy. She was starting to truly like Quidditch.

"Be happy for your best mate's sister, will you?" Elara insisted, smiling innocently.

Harry stared at her in bewilderment as she stayed in her place, leaning against his shoulder for support like they were the best of friends. Harry finally chided, "Maybe if your house team hadn't got me suspended-"

"Ah, ah, ah," Elara hushed, holding up a finger and putting it in front of Harry's face, "Remember? Pink hair? Draco Malfoy? Let that sink in, sibling..." She reminded him of the small, easy yet hilarious stunt she had played, also to remind him that she wasn't happy with her house's behavior, either. They both weren't; they just show it differently. Though, public humiliation seemed to play a part in the way they both dealt with it.

She saw Alicia Spinnet snicker out of the corner of her eye, and Elara grinned.

With that, she dropped the arm on his shoulder and stalked over to where Adelaide was now sitting on a large cushion, reading a book, as the Gryffindor's conversation proceeded to new beaters.

Soon everyone else arrived, including Hermione, of course, who smiled and waved at Elara as she did, and Elara would've said something to her if a sudden wave of anxiousness hadn't struck her at the same time. Again, thankfully, her thoughts were left to be thought about later as Harry got started.

Harry began to explain before getting interrupted, "Okay- I thought this evening we should just go over the things we've done so far because it's the last meeting before the Holidays and there's no point starting anything new right before a three-week break-"