◤solivagant◢

so-liv-a-gant (səʊˈlɪvəɡənt)
adjective
wandering alone

☠︎~~~☠︎

Believe me, Elara Black enjoyed the newfound company she discovered at Hogwarts.

Growing up the majority of her life with just Moony did get quite a bit lonely, same with Meda and Teddy. So, finding friendship or at least people to talk to here was fun and exciting and new.

But, where there's light, there's dark.

Of course, Elara loves her ability. Like Ron said when he found out about her existence, who wouldn't want to be able to read minds? It comes in handy more than half the time.

But as mentioned, it can get draining. And the fact that when she tries to get to sleep early and Daphne, Pansy, and Adelaide are nyctophiliacs and stay up talking about only Salazar knows what doesn't help.

But Elara is a Slytherin. She is resourceful, adaptable, and determined. So, she finds a way.

Sneaking out of the Slytherin common room has never been easier, and nor has wandering the halls. No Slytherins really cared what you were doing, as that was your business, and as long as you didn't get in theirs, you were cool, and they let you be.

As for wandering the halls, natural Legilimens are prone to being sensitive to energy, which can come in handy when trying to avoid people in the halls. A change in energy, going from calm and quiet to bustling and ruffled, is easily noticed.

Fourth night in a row sneaking out of the common room at eleven o'clock at night, and nothing's changed from the past three. It was a Saturday night, the first Saturday night of term.

The cold of the dungeons left Elara as she made her way swiftly up the stairs. She's been exploring Hogwarts these past few nights to hopefully find her way around the school easier. The first night was the first floor and the dungeons, the second was the second and third floor, the third fourth and fifth, and today would be sixth and seventh.

Sometimes, it isn't rest she needs. It's wandering around aimlessly with her and her thoughts. And while she would love to have someone accompany her while doing so, hearing thoughts that aren't hers, especially ones that deserve to stay thoughts and not spoken words, wasn't something she preferred.

Strolling the sixth floor went without disruption. The sixth floor was probably the floor that the least amount of people went to, as every other floor had its attractions and this one didn't. Unless you had a class here, there really wasn't a reason to come.

Taking her sweet time, Elara ambled up the steps to the seventh floor, most of the stairways now being to towers, most of which she didn't have access to. Those include the Gryffindor and Ravenclaw common rooms.

Having the Gryffindor and Ravenclaw common rooms being so close, meaning more teachers are more inclined to checking here compared to the sixth floor, Elara made sure her steps were lighter and putting her little gift to further use, staying alert. Scanning each hall she turned upon, she made sure to stick to the walls and would be able to hide hastily with the slightest change in energy. 

Taking another right turn, the lanterns became dimmer and more scattered, to which Elara had learned that when that happens, she's approaching a dead end. Having just come from the left-wing that looked exactly like this but inverted, she presumed that this wing would also have a balcony, in which Elara would happily take the time to actually admire the stars for a moment. All members of the Black family are natural astronomers.

With one last right turn, she stopped in her tracks, startled and surprised, for she did not see this coming. "Oh- evening, Granger."

The bushy-haired Gryffindor was sitting on a windowsill staring out into the distance, eyes glassy and knees pulled to her chest. Hermione didn't even seem startled at the fact Elara had popped up; she simply looked up and smiled weakly. "Hey, Elara."