◤evince◢

e·vince /əˈvins/
verb
to reveal the presence of quality or feeling

☠︎~~~☠︎

10/7/1996

Étoile,

I'm okay. Or I will be, I guess.

Dumbledore owled me a bit ago, saying something about meeting up with Harry and taking us to the Weasleys. I'm not entirely sure. So, I'll see you then again, I suppose. I wouldn't say I like it when he's that vague. But everyone says to trust him, so that's what I'll do. Or try to, at least. 

I miss you too.

Love,
Elara

After reading it for the twentieth time with a sigh, Hermione set down the letter, looking straight ahead of her defeatedly. She'd received it two days ago and hadn't stopped thinking about it since. Harry was due to arrive the next day, which meant that Elara was coming the next day, which meant-

"Who's that from?" asked Ron from his bed, eating some late-night candy. Hermione was sitting on the floor near him, just finishing up reading over the Transfiguration essay they worked on together. "You haven't let it out of your sight since you got it."

"Elara," Hermione admitted, folding the letter up and putting it in her pocket. "Does your mum know she's coming to stay with us with Harry tomorrow?"

"Yeah," Ron replied, mouth full of chocolate, so his voice came out muffled. "Mum says Harry's staying in Fred and George's old room since they're staying in the flat above their joke shop. I don't know about Elara, though."

"Oh, I'm sure she'll stay with Ginny and I in Ginny's room. There's enough space," Hermione guessed, getting to her feet and placing Ron's essay on top of his trunk. "What time is it?"

Ron checked his watch before falling back onto his pillows, staring up at the ceiling, decorated in Chudley Cannons merchandise. "Not long after midnight."

"I'll be off to bed, then," Hermione commented, approaching the door and stopping in the doorway to turn around and smile at the boy laying on the bed. "Night, Ron."

Picking his head up to smile back at her, Ron responded, "Night, 'Mione."

With that, Ron shut the lamp on his bedside table and dropped his head once more while Hermione closed the door softly and began her descent to Ginny's room.

Nonetheless, she was excited about Elara arriving soon. And Harry, of course. But she felt particularly nervous, and she couldn't place her finger on why.

Hermione stopped dead in her tracks on the fifth-floor landing as she heard the back-door creak open and listened for more sounds. Thankfully, there was a faint mumbling of conversation, and she let out a sigh of relief. Not feeling very tired anymore, she proceeded down the stairs, just to see who had arrived.

☠︎~~~☠︎

Elara stumbled for the third time as her feet hit the ground once more, this time landing in what appeared to be a country lane. Despite having expected the feeling of apparition, she never seemed to land properly and had to hold onto Harry's arm just a bit longer to steady herself and allow her head to stop spinning.

She's never seen The Burrow before, and it was quite a sight to behold. It was tall, and shaped strangely, undoubtedly rooms built and added on over the years being held up by magic. 

Without a word, she, Harry, and Dumbledore descended up the lane, and once past the gate, Dumbledore insisted, "Why don't you run ahead, Elara? Let Molly know you and Harry have arrived."