◤monachopsis◢

MON-a-Cop-sis /(monɑsjɒbsis)/
noun
the subtle but persistent feeling of being out of place

☠︎~~~☠︎

Elara was awoken from a weirdly nice dream of her, a girl with bangs, Adelaide, and Hermione going to an obscure bookshop on the morning of the Hogsmeade trip by a repeated tapping on her hip.

"What?" she snapped, forcing her eyes to stay open and rolling onto her back to see who was causing the disruption.

"Come with me to breakfast?" Adelaide asked shyly, and Elara noticed she was dressed as if it was a normal weekend, not in pajamas or anything.

"Just breakfast?" Elara raised an eyebrow, obviously flickering her eyes over Adelaide's outfit, and the girl above her shrugged.

Pursing her lips to contemplate an answer, Adelaide took a moment to speak, and Elara almost fell back asleep. "You know I don't sleep in, and I don't want to go to breakfast alone. And Pansy and Daphne would hit me with their pillow if I asked. From experience."

Elara almost responded with 'Do I?' to that first comment automatically, but she remembered wise words from none other than Hermione Granger.

"...no one deserves to be alone."

Blinking, as her vision was foggy from morning tears, Elara smiled faintly and nodded. Adelaide beamed and pulled the rest of Elara's bed curtains open, and it took everything in the girl who had just been woken up from a bookshop dream not to groan at the sudden light. How were Daphne and Pansy not waking up?

"Oh, and get dressed. I'm thinking of heading into Hogsmeade early," Adelaide informed, only to receive a glare from Elara as she couldn't hide her facial expressions any longer. "What were you going to do? Go back to sleep?"

Elara nodded quite fast over and over, keeping her pair of sweatpants on but changing her rather short gray shirt for a sweater as the weather was getting colder. It was the beginning of October, after all, and Autumn was getting into swing.

Adelaide blinked. "Well..." she began, picking up a small purse and slinging it over her shoulder. "I was going to pay for butterbeers, but..."

"Okay! Okay! I'm coming," Elara conceded, pulling on a pair of trainers hurriedly and following Adelaide out of the dorm quietly, only bringing with her a spare piece of parchment, a sum of money, and a muggle pencil. In her mind, those were really the only things you needed.

Adelaide was walking fairly fast, so Elara had to pull on her Slytherin scarf rapidly and almost choked herself in the process as the passageway leading out of the common room nearly closed in her face. "Let's hope Theo or Draco is at the table..." Adelaide mumbled as if Elara had not nearly died twice in the last minute.

Adelaide's hopes were not achieved as the Slytherin table was nearly empty except for many excited third years, as this was their first Hogsmeade trip ever. It seemed as many other Slytherins shared Blaise's view of weekends are for sleeping in.

Therefore, Elara glanced at the Gryffindor table, still plainly standing in the doorway of the Great Hall. The Gryffindor table, on the other hand, was lively and packed with students. Spotting a nest of bushy brown hair, multiple flaming ginger ones, and a raven out of control hair, Elara grinned and took Adelaide's hand.

"Come on now," Elara smirked, pulling Adelaide toward the Gryffindor table without hesitation. "Can't miss your chance to flirt, can you?"

"No! Elara! No!" Adelaide opposed, but Elara kept pulling her over.

"Quit fussing! You're making a scene," Elara scolded, and Adelaide almost immediately stopped objecting and let Elara pull her to where Hermione, Ron, and Harry were sitting. Elara smirked at the urgent response and gathered her words, focusing on the situation as mornings and her Legilimency didn't mix. The Gryffindor table was almost full from head to toe, and she really didn't need random images floating in and out.