◤mizpah◢

'miz-pah \ ˈmizpə \
noun
the deep emotional bond between people, especially those separated by distance or death

☠︎~~~☠︎

"ELARA! WHAT THE FUCK-"

Elara had to keep herself from laughing her arse off as Draco Malfoy ran into the Great Hall the next morning with bright pink hair. Though, the rest of the students in the Great Hall didn't restrain their mirth.

Adelaide had returned to the common room yesterday afternoon, seeming very conflicted. She wouldn't say a word about what it was, but Elara picked up that Ron was pretty upset and told her to bugger off a few times, but she refused, and he finally let her stay. The conflicted part consisted of losing the game. Despite the fact they lost, Elara couldn't help but be happy for Adelaide as she was finally getting somewhere.

Sipping on coffee loudly with a wide grin as Draco ran over to her, looking extremely distraught and angry, Elara questioned with a smirk, "How do you know if it's me or not?"

Her cousin stared at her, and she stared back, starting to laugh again as he was fuming. And oh Salazar, he looked absolutely hilarious with bright pink hair.

Having to clamp a hand over her mouth because he looked so ridiculous, her voice came out muffled. "Y-You can't hold me accountable if I wasn't there."

"You don't have to be there for this to happen!" Draco theorized, running a hand through his hair frantically as if that would get the dye out.

"Don't I, though?" Elara teased, winking. "Don't I?"

It was pretty obvious at this point that Elara had done it, considering the fact that one of her and Draco's previous conversations had consisted of things he had seen at Zonko's from past Hogsmeade visits and what she might want to buy. One of those was non-spell-away hair-dye

Elara took another sip out of her mug, spotting the twins and Lee at the front of the Great Hall, also laughing their arses off and wanted to sum up this little confrontation. She pushed her cup of coffee away from her and grabbed her bag, slinging it on her shoulder and standing up, smiling innocently and looking Draco in the eye.

"Look, you can be as pissy as you want to be to me, but say one more negative word about the Weasleys-" she glanced at the Great Hall front doors and back in front of her, "-and this-" she looked him up and down, "will happen again. But worse."

She smirked again and walked past him, not without looking over her shoulder and calling, "And don't bother trying to get it out! It lasts for three days!"

George, Fred, and Lee were still snickering by the time Elara got to the doors. "You did that?" Fred stated the obvious, and Elara nodded happily. "Wicked."

What was funny was the hair dye only lasted for a day, as long as you spell it away after that day. Yet, Draco hadn't seemed to figure that out and walked around the halls with his hood on the next three days. 

Though, Elara's merriment didn't last long as the full moon rolled around that Thursday. She didn't know whether it was a curse or a blessing not to have a meeting with Hermione the day of, as she probably would've been able to relax more if she did, but if she did, she'd have to look at the blasted circle in the sky.

Then again, she could always just ask Hermione to move it to a different place. But if she did, she'd have to explain herself, and that was something she'd rather not do.

She didn't want her knowing.

Thankfully, the day after the full moon was never as bad as the day before or the day of. It was a Friday, meaning they both didn't have much work to do since they could just do it over the weekend in study groups. Therefore, Hermione simply brought her knitting supplies for house-elves and had Elara help.