◤lacuna◢

la·cu·na /ləˈk(y)o͞onə/
noun; Latin
a blank space; a missing part

oh, and y'all asked for this, pt. 2 (yes, this is how I warn you)

cws: slight sexual content, minor character deaths, some characters have some pretty panicky moments here

☠︎~~~☠︎

-stolen

you stole my heart
robbed it
took it
helped yourself to the taking
from the vault in which it lay
and replaced it with yours

☠︎~~~☠︎

The date was February 22nd, 1997, when it happened. A terrible night.

And the following day only made it worse. And the day following that, as more and more information got released.

But, the day before that, Madam Pince got the results of if there were copies of the book from other schools.

And the week before that, another apparition lesson occurred, and Elara still did not successfully apparate, but she did get splinched. It was bloody painful, but hey, she almost did it! Optimism!

Anyway, back to the library.

"Seriously?! None!" complained Elara loudly once Madam Pince walked away, flinging herself into a chair defeatedly. They still had absolutely no leads on what the bloody hell 'glass' meant in terms of Legilimency, and it was getting frustrating. The book being at other schools was the only thing keeping her going at that point. "I give up."

"No," stated Hermione firmly, still persistently reading through her piles upon piles of Legilimency books and texts. "No, there's an answer. I know there is. I'm not giving up. And neither are you."

"And who are you to tell me if I'm giving up or not?" Elara snapped, burying her face into her hands after shooting Hermione a glare. It was the day before the full moon, February 21st, so Elara's emotions and overall irritability were on a high. Not to mention, the next day, they had another apparition lesson, and for the first time that month, Elara was not looking forward to it.

On the other hand, or, rather, the same, Hermione was also annoyed. The recent development of not finding Legilimency: A Thorough Explanation with Rare Cases in other schools except Durmstrang had greatly contributed to that. She closed her book, a tad bit harder than she needed to, and shifted in her seat to face Elara. "I'm trying to help you find a way not to get painful headaches every month!" Hermione shot back, crossing her legs in a displeased manner.

"I've told you: the pain is tolerable," murmured Elara, picking her face out of her hands and narrowing her eyes at Hermione, provoked. "There clearly is no way. We've been searching for weeks. Nothing, Hermione, nothing," she added, desperately trying to put an end to this conversation.

This was one of their more prominent, and one of their only, arguments, and despite Elara's high amount of energy and needing something to use it on (that fact caused her headaches most of the time), she didn't want to fight. If her energy couldn't find anything to use itself on, it'd use it on Legilimency, which picked up more of people's thoughts and ultimately drained her in the end. It was a wonderful cycle.

Hermione took several deep breaths, their eyes not leaving each other's, before informing exasperatedly, "You are making it very hard for me to feel sympathy for you, right now."

Okay, maybe she could get one snappy comeback in. "Good," retorted Elara, being the first to break eye-contact and staring out the window, avoiding the moon and mapping out the stars that night, "I don't need your pity."