◤affettuoso◢

af·​fet·​tu·​o·​so /ɑʊ̯ədtuoso/
adjective/adverb
with feeling; in a loving, tender way

cw: mentions of sexual content, and one word: sectumsempra

☠︎~~~☠︎

-chapters

darling,
you are a book
of neverending words
and I long to read each and
every one. let me be your next
chapter. you and me, baby. we're
the story I never want to finish reading

☠︎~~~☠︎

April passed as easily as the previous May, yet this May was full of events, whether good or bad. Notwithstanding that, April needed to be explained before this story could proceed. 

Of course, the day after Elara and Hermione had gotten the suggestion from Remus, Hermione insisted they dived back into researching but assured that they wouldn't take it as hard this time. Besides, they had exams following May they needed to study for, so it wouldn't all be researching glass in other areas, as recommended. Therefore, Elara agreed, grateful that she wouldn't have to spill all of her energy into the matter. Lynn joined in from time to time, too, excited that she could be of more help since she was trained in Occlumency and not Legilimency.

Occulumency had much more information and books than Legilimency since Occulumency was more manageable to master than Legilimency, the duo and occasional trio noticed. Therefore, much more ground to cover. However, this seemed to prove for the better, as they weren't reading the same things repetitively. They collected information on anything that could even be remotely related to glass, as instructed, whether it be an exercise of picturing a beach with white sand or staring out a window. It made the atmosphere more restful and less stressed, which was needed due to the war.

Not knowing where or what Voldemort was doing brought more angst than comfort. What was he waiting for? The bloody war to be over? Extremely unlikely. Who knew when he'd strike next? It was incredibly nerve-wracking and frightening. Elara wondered whether it had been a good idea asking or not- did it even bring closure?

Despite being unsure about requesting the answer to that query, Elara was glad the conversation occurred. She knew that Moony was okay, she, Hermione, and Lynn had more of a lead on the 'glass' situation, and she knew that no one was really winning the war. That was better than the Death Eaters winning, at least. Though, she wasn't sure if Hermione felt more at ease with the information that the attack on the muggle family she knew back home was targeted or not. Elara didn't press on the matter: Hermione would talk to her if she wanted to talk to her about it. And if she chose to, Elara would be there to listen.

With every day that passed, Elara could only feel like she was falling for Hermione deeper and deeper. Elara found herself smiling from ear to ear at the mere thought of her during serious class discussions in which she was not supposed to be smiling and received suspicious looks. She'd glance up at Hermione randomly at all times just to take in the sight of her and bow her head once more, grinning as if she had just won a thousand galleons. Make her happy, keep her safe, she's gorgeous; I'd give the world up for her, I'm so lucky to call her mine, look, she's smiling, replayed in her mind on a loop.

Not to mention that Elara brought her Polaroid camera around everywhere, but only used it with Hermione. She took dozens of photos and even placed an order for more film, per Hermione's guidance, and stored them all in a small pouch she had gotten at Dervish and Banges. Some of her favorite images included the one Hermione took atop of the mountain of them kissing, a wonky, blurry photo Elara tried to take of them lying under the stars, and one of Hermione trying to swat the camera away in Tomes and Scrolls during the Hogsmeade trip where they had met with Tonks.