Chapter 17: Explanations

A/n: Sorry for taking so long to update bros, I've been busy prepping for the dreaded online classes to return.
____________________________________

As the sun shined on the city and the adventurers were checked for any long lasting injuries, Y/n looked at the destroyed surroundings as he walked forward and clasped his hands together into a praying motion.

Megumin's body floated toward Y/n. She was also caught by Aqua's powerful spell.

Megumin: What're you doing, Y/n?

Y/n: Just saying a prayer for those guys who were slain by Verdia.

Y/n hears footsteps approach from behind and he glances back to see Darkness join in praying for them.

Darkness: Indeed, they didn't deserve this kind of death.

Y/n: You knew them Darkness?

She nods and faces away while reminiscing about them.

Darkness: Sedol, the huge liar who said I was brawny in my armour...

Y/n: He wasn't lying though...

Darkness: Heinz, who teased me saying "Fan me with that huge sword of yours! You can hit me with it if you want but only if you can!"

She looks up from her praying position.

Darkness: And Galil, who only let me into his party for a single day. And screamed at me saying "Why are you charging at the swarm of monsters!?"

Tears formed at the edge of her eyes.

Darkness: They were all slain by that dullahan. If I could see them once more, I'd love to have a drink with them.

Y/n: Uh...Darkness?

Y/n was actually tugging on Darkness's sleeve the entire time, but she was too busy being melancholic to notice. Y/n points behind him to a healthy looking bunch of guys who weirdly enough resembled the people who were slain by the dullahan.

Heinz: E-Er...it actually bothers you that your sword always misses? I-I'm sorry..

Darkness: Huwah? You're...alive?

Instantly, her melancholy was replaced with first hand embarrassment. Complete with cheeks darkening.

Aqua: For someone as great as me, reviving newly fallen adventurers is a piece of cake!

Y/n patted Darkness on the shoulder.

Y/n: Looks like you'll get your wish, huh?

He says with a wide grin.

The adventurers were there watching the spectacle.

Fem Adventurer #7: I see. Looks like Darkness san has a lot to deal with, doesn't she?

Fem Adventurer #5: Shh! She'll hear you.

Darkness: I wanna die...

Kazuma: Hey now, don't hold back. We'll keep criticizing her like this for few days, or so.

Darkness: T-This isn't the type of shameful abuse I wanted!

She whilst her cheeks were stained pink. She eventually cries out of sheer embarrassment.

The Next Day

Kazuma was on his way towards the Guild, thinking of ways he can avoid encounters like the last one, in the future.

Kazuma: Things worked out this time, but I think I'll lead a leisurely life, without danger, from now on.

....