Chapter 23: The Haunted Mansion Part 2

A random storage room

Inside the room, Kazuma, Y/n and Megumin were crouched and low incase the dolls followed and tracked them by sounds. They hear the army of possessed toys march by their hiding spot.

Kazuma: *whispers* I can't hold it in. At this point, I'm gonna have to use this.

He holds up the vase Megumin teased him with earlier. Y/n gives him a straight look in the eye and says:

Y/n: Death before dignity.

Whilst she trembled in fear for her life, and with eyes full of trauma, the explosives enthusiast began mumbling her signature explosion chant

Megumin: Darkness blacker than black, and darker than dark, I beseech thee, come and be one with my deep crimson.

Immediately shutting her up, Kazuma slaps his hand over her mouth and stops her from destroying their newly acquired mansion.

Kazuma: Why are you chanting? You want to blow everything, including us, away?

Y/n: I just got 100k from Wiz, you wanna blow up what's probably gonna become your money, too?

But before any of them could continue to argue, the door began to make noise as if something was trying to get through.

*Bang* *Bang*

Kazuma: Damn...they're closing in!

Y/n: I'll crush some of them while you guys run. It'll be like punching roaches, you can't actually kill them unless you've got the right tools.

He attempts to stand up to open the door but Kazuma stops him.

Kazuma: No, wait. I have a plan. I'll use the new skill Wiz taught me, Drain-Touch and use it to drain as much magic from as many dolls as I can! Y/n you'll be covering me from behind.

Megumin: Wh-What about me?

Y/n: You'll just have to book it as soon as we open the door.

She quietly nods.

Kazuma: We'll sic the mad-dog goddess on these spirits later, damn it!

Y/n braces himself to kick the door open like a cool main protagonist.

Y/n: Bring it on evil spirits! I've fought worse than you guys!!

*Kronk*

Using as little of his power as possible, Y/n kicks the door off its lock, slamming into something quite solid. Y/n peeks behind it and finds Aqua down on the floor with a nasty bright red bump on her forehead.

 Y/n peeks behind it and finds Aqua down on the floor with a nasty bright red bump on her forehead

Y/n: Ah, shit.

From the side, Darkness looked over with big concern. It did sound like a bad Kronk.

Darkness: H-Hey Aqua, are you alright?

Y/n: I hope I didn't kill her, she still owes me money.

Stepping aside and out from the storage room, Kazuma and Megumin collectively sigh at the sight of the goddess.