Chapter 8: Cabbages

(A/n): Dudes, Apex season 7 is pretty amazing ngl.
______________________

*BING BONG* *BING BONG* *THE WITCH IS DEAD*

All around them, bells rang as families and young ones ran inside their homes for safety, the skies were gray too, almost like an omen of what is to come.

Peasant: They're coming!

Woman: It can't be! No one told told us it'd happen today!

The woman holds on to her child protectively as others blocked their windows and vendors ordered people to get to cover.

Street vendor: Don't let the children go outside or they'll get hurt!

A whole lot of footsteps can be heard as a large group of adventurers, as well as Kazuma's group, headed toward where Luna directed.

Mage: Y'all better be ready for this!

Most of the adventurers had weird armour on and couple of staves and large weapons. It seemed like everyone was ready.

It kinda looked a bit silly with Y/n wearing a normal outfit and running with the adventurers with no weapons at all, but he was in fact, the most prepared out of all of them.

He had a gleeful look on his face, merely excited for a good fight... and maybe something that won't die in one hit.

Running next to Y/n was an older looking guy, wearing practically zero protective gear and dual wielding sharp-as-fuck axes.

(A/n): Oh look, another one shot character I'll probably never use again.

Berserker: I'm fired up!

Y/n: So am I! *grins*

Berserker: Huh?

The berserker looks over Y/n up and down and scrutinized him.

Berserker: Where's your weapon and armour?

Y/n: I don't have any...? Why're you concerned over me? *points at Kazuma*

Y/n: He doesn't have armour either!

Kazuma: I have a weapon.

Kazuma said with a blank expression.

Berserker: Hmph, going into battle without protection or means of fighting back? Heh, I like your style kid.

He gives Y/n a look of acknowledgment.

Y/n: Thanks, I guess =/

....

The large group of adventurers stood at the front of the town's entrance, in the distance, a massive flock of green thingies were flying toward them but it was hard to make out what exactly was approaching.

Kazuma: What are those things? What's coming at us exactly?

He stepped back nervously.

Darkness: I'll protect everyone, Y/n, Kazuma, stay behind me.