"Someone like me"

A/n: This chapter here is for the winner of the challenge I made in the previous update. The events that happen here takes place after and in between Kazuma getting arrested and put in jail.

So it's after Chapter 29 and takes place in between chapter 30, I might mess up my own timeline here but just bear with me.
_________________________________

In the Adventurers guild, Y/n sat alone and was ordering one of the waitresses for a heavy drink considering what recently just happened to their party. The girls were out planning for a way to get Kazuma free.

Y/n: Excuse me, can I get some apple cider?

Waitress: *giggle* Big drinker, eh?

Y/n: Yeah, I feel like letting out some stress today.

Waitress: Alrighty then~

She leaves to go fetch a fine cup of apple cider, leaving Y/n alone with his thoughts.

Y/n: It always feels like, whatever we do to help, backfires in some way...

He sighed out loud and leant back into his chair, the seat slightly tilting.

Y/n: Stupid glasses lady... we saved the day, if we didn't teleport it someplace else, the city could've been severely affected...

???: *chuckle* Hero troubles, huh? I could relate to that.

Y/n: Huh?

Y/n looks to his right and sees someone with brown hair and green eyes that looks strikingly like Kazuma's, he also wore a fighter's headband as if he came straight from a dojo.

He also wore armour that didn't seem to be sold from around the town's shops as one of the right arm peices were missing, revealing tattoos that were shaped like fire and looked like they could come to life at any moment.

???: You're Y/n, right? I've heard a lot about you... mainly from the girls.

???: You seem like a chick magnet and I'm kind of jealous, to be honest.

Y/n: Oh, and who might you be?

Carlos: Name's Carlos, doesn't sound like a native name round' here, huh?

Y/n: Yeah well, Y/n doesn't exactly roll off the tongue easily, either.

The strange man chuckled.

Waitress: Your apple cider is here, Y/n-san.

She winked to him as she placed the rather large cup in front of Y/n and left the the men to chat together. "Carlos" edged a tiny bit closer to whisper to Y/n.

Carlos: Listen, I know that you're part of that Kazuma guy's group.

Y/n: *sip* No, really?

Carlos: I'm being serious here. I have a way of freeing your companion, he isn't in the wrong at all.

Y/n briefly lowered his drink to give the guy a confused look.

Y/n: What do you mean?

Carlos: You know Alderp? The one who put Kazuma in the slammer in the first place?

He paused for a bit and looked around to see if anyone was listening in to their little conversation. Y/n felt this situation was a bit too stereotypical and cliche.

Carlos: He's done things... things that if revealed to the public, should reverse what he has done to your party leader.

Y/n: Wait, I don't get it, why help us? *sip*

Carlos: Because... *grin* that's what a hero would do. *hushed* and because I've got dirt on him...

Y/n: You're a hero...?