Chapter 38: A Spirit's Welcome

A/n: Sorry for the delay, I've been playing too much ABA recently. Anyways, I hear that Season 3's been announced, along with a spinoff that's centered around Megumin.

This is another one of those filler chapters so that means we'll continue the main story in the next one.

It's been a while so if you see some plot holes then that'll be my excuse. Next chapter we'll do an OC count to remind you all who's who.
____________________________________

Pov ???? Three Days Ago

It was dark. And empty. Sooo very empty.

When was the last time it felt something other than the all-encompassing emptiness?

Eras, Millenias, Centuries, Years.

It cannot feel the passage of time as most of  the world's beings could. It just exists.

Loneliness is the only emotion that it has ever known, and will forever feel.

If not for the fleeting memories it has had, of past wielders, of past users.

Most of them could not stay around for long, as it is a cursed existence.

If one were to wear its artifact, they would perish for it feasted on their attributes.

Attributes of stamina, attributes of power, attributes of health and so on, and so forth.

It has never known their users for long, but it did little to quell their guilt. It is a man-made curse. It felt that it deserved this existence.

It has been years since it has last felt the familiar feeling of a connection. Maybe, this would be its fate. To be forever forgotten to the concept of time. Terrible as it was.

Though if it meant never harming another innocent soul, it could bear with it....

No.

It decidedly could not. Just why...

Why was it made to feel?! If it was made for the sole purpose of harming others, why is it that the heavy emotion called "Guilt" had a profound effect on it?!

Whoever its creator was... they were cruel.

Certainly, it was an error? To give a piece of armour of all things, sentience?

If it had a mouth right about now, it would be laughing a self deprecating laugh. Humor, it has many different types, and can be used a deflection from sadness. Right now, it was doing its best to not to wallow in its sadness.

If had a physical body, it would be snapping out of its thoughts, and shaking its head as it wiped the metaphysical "tears" from its sad, non-existant eyes.

Its next user might just arrive soon! It just had to be hopeful!

The ever present silence somehow seemed a bit louder.

Yeah, right...

Even if it had taken the life of its users, it was sure that stories of it being dangerous had been passed around. It imagined its "shell" as it gathered dust on the top of some sly merchant's shelf. The feeling of loneliness had returned a thousandfold.

Maybe... maybe it could hope to be sold to someone mistaking it for a regular gauntlet?

Nah. There's no way someone wouldn't see the warnings around it. Only an idiot woul–

*PING!*

No way...

It felt a presence just now!