Chapter 35: Rivalry

Within Y/n's dreamscape

*Huff* *Huff* *Huff*

Y/n was small again, he was a few inches shorter than he currently was.

Young Y/n: M-Master? When can we take a break? My legs are killing me...

???: We'll take a break as soon as we hit Ten kilometers!

Young Y/n was talking to a man who was wearing a blue tracksuit. His eyes were sharp and he had jet black hair. The two were soaked with their own sweat after running 7 km and Y/n had his own tracksuit which was red.

 The two were soaked with their own sweat after running 7 km and Y/n had his own tracksuit which was red

???: We're almost there Y/n!

Y/n: Urghh... you say that everytime...

The two eventually stopped at a nearby park, panting and gasping for breath.

???: Al *pant* right... now, it's time... for some pushups!

Y/n: *groan* Whyyyyy.

The man with sharp features simply had a chuckle over Y/n's attitude, he was more or less always complaining about something.

???: I promise this is the last. And hey, you were the one who wanted to live with me in the apartment.

Y/n: Well, no one wanted to take in a random kid with weird clothes, who also looked like he killed someone.

???: Yeah. Taking in a bloody, armour wearing kid would look a bit suspicious.

The man ruffled young Y/n's hair and smirked as he thought of something.

???: If you do at least 78 Pushups, I'll treat you to some udon noodles after.

Star lights appear in Y/n's eyes and his stomach rumbles at the thought of him eating some actual real food. A single carrot per day was starting get stale.

Y/n: Oh hell yeah! *smirk*

Suddenly the world around Y/n shifts and he is suddenly standing in a circle that was made with what seemed to be blood. But Y/n decided to be positive and decides that someone just spilled some ketchup. Yup. Ketchup....

Y/n: Where the hell...

???: SUCCESS!!!

Y/n: H-Holy shit!?!

Y/n was too concerned with the magic circle written in blood to notice that a massive cluster of people were huddled all around him. They all had tattered clothes that were stained with...

Y/n: U-Umm... hi? *awkward wave*

???: *Takes hand* IT IS YOU!! ALL HAIL THE POWERFUL ONE!!

Everyone started hailing Y/n and it was quite a strange sight. A bunch of adults hailing a child for being in a circle. A circle made of....