Chapter 33: Kazuma's Trial Part 2

A/n: Hey guys sorry for super duper late upload, I'm really bad at timing but hey good news, we've hit 80k reads!! Lmao thanks you guys so much for reading! Don't forget to vote too pls.

And does anyone here read or watch Tokyo Revengers? Its getting really popular haha, imo.... it's lit. I'm using Cry Baby as my work music from now on.
_________________________________________

A bead of sweat rolled down Alderp's forehead, his eyes glanced at the large Ancient dragon's direction from time to time, and each time, The Ancient One stared right back. Almost hungrily.

Y/n: I'm here to save a friend.

Alderp: *Gulp* Is it just me, or is that Dragon drooling?

Y/n: *Snaps fingers* Hey Alderp, eyes forward bud.

Finger snapping strangely enough, didn't return Alderp's attention back to Y/n, his eyes were too fixated on the scaly blue giant that happened to be glaring at the residential Lord. Y/n rolled his own, scoffing at the same time.

Y/n: This guy is such a pussy...

Y/n glances over at Nozomi, she was still intensely glaring at Alderp. Y/n waved a finger, getting her attention. He also quickly glances behind him and to his friends, Kazuma and Aqua were sweating profusely, Megumin was pretending to look tough and Darkness was indecisively looking at a strange looking necklace, she hides it away after a second passes.

Y/n: Hey, could you pretty please stop looking at him like he's tonight's dinner, Nozomi?

He reached out, telepathically.

Nozomi: Sorry Master, I just absolutely despised the way he spoke to you. It made my dragon blood boil.

The venom in her tone made that exceedingly clear.

Y/n: You don't need to get angry on my behalf, please stop scaring him otherwise you won't be joining our party anytime soon, you're also scaring the others.

He made a point, Nozomi begrudgingly stopped and instead inspected Kazuma and the others, feeling excited to make new friends.

Aqua: *whispers* Psst, Kazuma, is it just me or is that dragon smiling at us?

....

Y/n: Alright, now do I have your attention, Alderp?

Alderp: How did you..?

He was bewildered, a simple gesture to the dragon and Y/n managed to convey a clear message to cease the stare down, Alderp's attention indeed was had.

Y/n: She listens to me.

Alderp: That dragon is a she?

Y/n: That's not important, what's important is the fact that you've issued a trial to off Kazuma, meanwhile you get off scot free even though you have committed a ton of crimes yourself.

Y/n waves around the envelope full of evidence in front of Alderp's face and he sweats, nervous of the turn around that could potentially happen. Alderp grits his teeth, the disrespect he was given by a mere adventurer angered him. So instead, he opted to act oblivious with a clearly forced smile that would put Pedro pascal to shame.

Alderp: What crimes? I have none! Do you have any idea on what I have done for this City!? Do you know how much I've sacrificed?!

Y/n: Yep, and it's all here, in this envelope. 

Y/n smugly gestured to it and Alderp gulped, the court Judge, Sena, and the witnesses were all silently and attentively listening to every word Y/n said. Eyes were trained on the piece of paper in Y/n's hands. Alderp opened and closed his mouth, his brain over timing trying to formulate a single sentence, a single refute, but all that came out was-