Chapter 28: The Destroyer Part 2

A/n: Oh boy it's been a while, eh? Sorry for the long period of silence, I've been busy being an actual student and have been doing some work for a change. Yep. What a shocker amiright?

Anyway, if you have seen my profile's description then you'd know that I update whenever, but I'd like to think I mostly  update on the weekends.

Challenge: Try and count how many times I used the words: Destroyer, Mechanical, Spider and Gigantic.
_________________________________

*TINK*

A sound that resembled small bells rung as a white staff with a small bud on its tip fell from the sky and into Aqua's hands, the flower bud unfurled itself and covered the small area with a shiny pink luster.

Aqua: Sacred...!

She grabs and twirls the staff around her head and summons five gigantic magic circles in front of the gates and at the big mechanical spider.

Aqua: Break Spell!!

*BOOOOOOM*

Five beams of light, fused into one, shoot out of the circles and directly hit their intended target, but the giant fortress had its own magical defense. The spell only cracked the things shell by a bit.

Y/n: This might seem ironic, but damn that thing's strong.

It kept moving forward, albeit staggered in its advancements.

Aqua: *grunt*

The townspeople were incredibly nervous as they held their breath, watching the self proclaimed goddess struggling to stop it.

She notices that their attention was on her and knowing that some of them were her followers, she refused to back down.

Aqua: Hrngh... HYRAAAAGHH!!

She poured all her strength and effort to amplifying the beams power, and amplify she did. The beams immediately doubled in size and might and whatever magic that protected the Destroyer was now...

Destroyed. Heh.

Y/n: Great job Aqua! You finally did something useful!

Aqua: *huff* *huff* Shut... up...

She slowly went over to punch Y/n's face but her fist carried no energy.

Y/n: Hehe, I'm just kidding. You go rest up.

Aqua didn't complain and sat down on the floor to gather some of her stamina back.

Y/n: Alright, now that it's shields are down, what's next, party leader?

Kazuma: Now, it's Megumin's turn.

The two spun around to see... a trembling Megumin, which was not a good sign.

On the other side of the tower, Wiz sends the signal to Megumin, timing the crazy loli's explosion spell.

Wiz: Megumin-san! Launch a concurrent stri-- huh?

....

Kazuma: Hey, Megumin! This isn't the time to act up! Is your love for explosion magic the real deal?

Megumin: *shaking and inaudible scared noises*

Kazuma: If Wiz out performs you, you'll be a disgrace!

Y/n: Kazuma, I don't think that's helpi--

Kazuma: Is your explosion magic so wimpy that it can't even destroy that thing?!?

Megumin: .....

Y/n: Uh oh. Pinocchio.

His harsh verbal lashing stirred something in the Crimson demon as all traces of her fear left and had dissapeared as she turns around to glare at Kazuma.