Chapter 18: Winter Cometh

(A/n): Guys, I just wanna apologize for the bland previous chapter. If you couldn't tell, I was really tired in the making of said chapter and I just posted it regardless if it was ready or not.

I'm gonna take my time now and glance over the other chapters for any spelling or grammatical mistakes. Enjoy this (probably) well thought out part.
____________________________________

The snow that was accumulating on Y/n's winter outfit slowly melted into a wet spot as he stared at a massive figure wearing full on Japanese armour. He was crouched down, currently tending to a badly wounded Kazuma.

Y/n: Curse my low luck stats. -_-

Despite many adventures and lots of leveling up montages, Y/n still hasn't managed to increase his luck at all. The massive figure grabs it's giant sword, a katana presumably, and swings.

Earlier

After the battle with Verdia, a general of the Demon King's army, the season turned to winter. The five were at the guild where a stressed out Kazuma slammed his fists onto a table.

Kazuma: I want money!

Y/n: And I want my 40 mil back.

Kazuma cringed, remembering that Y/n paid off the fee for the damaged outer walls of the city's gates.

Kazuma: I-I'll find a way to repay you...

Aqua: Huh? How're you gonna do that? You're entirely too unresourceful.

She cuts in.

Aqua: You make a goddess such as myself sleep in a stable every single night! Aren't you ashamed of yourself? If you understand that, then give me more luxury.

She stands up, moving her seat backwards.

Aqua: Spoil me more!

Having had enough of her demanding demeanor, Kazuma looks up and angrily glares at her.

Kazuma: Do you not get why I want more money?

Y/n: Uh oh.

Kazuma: Debt! It's thanks to you that the debt we've racked up is affecting our reward money! Every quest we do is deducted to repay those debts!

Kazuma: And most of the money we use to survive comes out of Y/n's pay!

Y/n: I have to work overtime now.

Aqua was silent, not a mutter of complaint coming out of her mouth now.

Kazuma: Just this morning...this morning, when I awoke from the straw of the stables my eyelashes were frozen solid!

Kazuma: If I keep sleeping in that stable, I'm going to freeze to death for sure!

Y/n: It wasn't that bad. I sleep outside all the time.

Kazuma: That's only because you're used to it! You've probably been to an all-ice dimension or something..!

Y/n: You have a point.

A pair of hands slam onto the table, Aqua thinks she has the right to argue back.

Aqua: I can't help it! This city would've perished by the hands of Verdia, if not for my super astounding efforts!

Aqua: You should exalt me more. All of you should praise me, praise me, and spoil me rotten!

Aqua: Except Y/n. He only needs to become my husband~

Y/n: *shivers* Uh, I'll pass on that one.

Kazuma: What an attention whore! If your feats truly were that astonishing, then the rewards, honors, and debt are all yours!