Chapter 26: A Dream Short-lived.

A/n: Anyone hear about PS5 productions being stopped? What the hell...
_________________________________

Y/n's Dreamscape

D/n: So what you're telling me...is that you actually have spent those 6 years living in different worlds, saving each and every one of them?

Y/n raises a finger and opens his mouth to talk but no words came out. He only nodded because what else could he say to make it all sound plausible?

D/n: And you're saying that we-- your mother and I-- aren't real but in fact, just  dream replicas made from your memories?

Y/n nods once more.

D/n: *combs hair* That's...a lot to take in, are you really telling the truth, son?

Y/n: I-It is what's been going on in my life so uh...yeah?

The three were sat down, there were signs of a delicious meal that got eaten on their plates. So remember the previous chapter, they all went in before we returned to Kazuma and the others right?

Those events are happening as Y/n and his parents ate, they asked him what he has been doing all this time and seeing them there, alive but not quite, as well as their question made him feel...guilty. So he decided to tell them the truth.

His mother gently places her hand over his.

M/n: It doesn't matter, what matters is that you're doing great and just know that we're proud of what you've accomplished.

She smiles a content smile which made telling the truth all the more worth it.

Y/n: *strained breathing* Mom, stop making me cry inside.

Merely chuckling, Y/n's mother gets up from her seat, picks up all the plates and heads to the sink to wash them.

D/n: While you're here now, is there anything you've always wanted to do together, son?

A figurative lightbulb clicked to life over Y/n's head.

Y/n: Well...

....

D/n: Isn't this a bit...stereotypical?

Y/n and his father were in the backyard and they were wearing baseball equipment. Well, the only equipment they had were catcher mitts but still.

Y/n: I dunno, this was the only thing I could think of off the top of my head.

His dad only grinned at that. Y/n was definitely his kid. They both walked backwards a bit and gave space for some throwing and catching.

Y/n: Alright! Get ready!

D/n: *bends knees* Go for it!

Using a regular pitcher stance, Y/n threw the ball with as little force as possible, as to not hurt his dad. But even that held a bit of power.

D/n: Ough!

Y/n's dad fell backwards and landed on his behind, luckily the grass cushioned his fall and he laughs it off as Y/n ran over to check on him.

Y/n: Dad! I'm so sorry! I--

D/n: I'm fine, I'm fine. Whew! You totally weren't kidding when you said you got really strong!

Y/n: Hehe...yeah..

He began to lay back and Y/n joined him as they looked up and admired the sky. It was still all made up by Y/n and his brain but everything seemed so real. But it didn't feel like it.

D/n: Hey. Stop that.

Y/n: Huh? Stop what?

D/n: Whenever you overthink something, you start making that face.