Chapter 34: Unpaid Debt

"ACHOOOOO!"

Sneezing and shivering, Aqua rubs her arms together for heat in their cold and furniture taken mansion. She wore her signature, godess made, pink garment for more warmth.

Aqua: Aughh... It's so cold. Someone, please, warm me up.

*Tik* *Tik*

Outside their windows, Y/n knocked on the glass with his shovel to signal Aqua and Kazuma's attention to him. He gave a thumbs up. Kazuma looked up from his deep thinking, half annoyed.

Kazuma: *depressed* Oh, looks like he's done with... whatever the hell he was doing outside.

Kazuma: Where the hell did Darkness go and why hasn't she come back yet?

.....

Y/n: Well Nozomi, I guess we're done here. No jackass Knight is stealing my stuff from me, period.

Nozomi: I'm glad, master! But why did you mark it in such an odd way?

Y/n: *Evil grin* So they know who they should NOT to mess with.

....

Kazuma shouts outloud, startling Aqua.

Aqua: What's with the screaming?

Kazuma: Didn't you realize?! The reason why Darkness hasn't returned yet is because of that Alderp guy!

Kazuma: She hasn't came back yet.

Aqua's eyes go wide.

Aqua: Are you saying he kidnapped Darkness as a form of revenge?!

The two stared at each other before suddenly shouting in synchronization.

The mansion's door opens and Y/n, along with Nozomi, walk back inside in time to hear the two worried party members yell at the top of their lungs.

Y/n: *Screams* Why are we screaming?

Kazuma: Because-

*Meeorw*

Behind Y/n and Nozomi stood Megumin with a new pet cat, best cat, who cutely mewled trying to copy their shouts.