Chapter 31: Prison of Unfairness Part 2

A/n: Ah fuck, I knew that OC chapter would mess up the damn timeline. And I knew I couldn't handle 4000+ words so this is going to be split into 3 parts now, and this marks as our very first chapter for April!

Oh and this chapter will also focus more on Kazuma since the poor guy dosen't get enough attention.

Also, Blushing Sena Ftw.
_________________________________________

The next night

Another resounding explosion was heard outside of the prison and once more did Kazuma's cell vibrate. Aqua's annoying voice stirs Kazuma from his slumber, his face clearly conveying that he wanted to sleep more.

Aqua: Psst, Kazuma! Hey, Kazuma wake up!

Kazuma: Wha, you're here again?

He gets up from the floor.

Kazuma: What happened yesterday? Is everyone okay?

Aqua: Darkness and Megumin made it back without being spotted, though they were accused of being the ones who planned the explosion.

She puts a thumb unto her chin, looking quite impressed by something.

Aqua: We shouldn't underestimate this world's detectives ability to investigate.

From outside the prison, Darkness and Megumin were once again fleeing from the scene of the crime but this time, they were wearing sacks with holes on top of their heads.

Aqua: Don't worry though, I forced them to wear masks today so they won't get found out!

Kazuma: -_-

Aqua: More importantly, I waited all night for you yesterday, why didn't you make an attempt at escape?

She had a right to ask this time.

Aqua: Snow accumulated on my head and the guards outside kept dragging me in for questioning!

Kazuma: Look, the lock is a dial that uses a combination.

Aqua: *gasp* How clever of them.

Gentle snow fell and landed on top of Aqua's head as they continued to talk and scheme. It was cold but she was now used to it.

Aqua: I never imagined they'd have such foolproof measures incase of any person thinking of escape.

She grins mischievously.

Aqua: But today, I've got the perfect solution for this!

She pulls out a metallic and sharp looking tool from... somewhere. I kinda doubt that outfit of hers has a pocket.

Kazuma: Uh... is that a hacksaw? Are ya going to use that to cut the bars?

Aqua: Very observant of you! Look, we don't have much time so we have to work together.

*Clang*

She drops the tool down and next to his foot, Kazuma bends down to picks it up but there was one problem...

Aqua: Hurry it up!

Kazuma: Yeah there's just one thing...

He looks upwards.

Kazuma: I can't even reach up there.

Aqua: *smirk* Not a problem, I'm not stupid y'know. I brought something for you to stand on too!

She then pulls up a comically small box that she found on the side of her own pile that she stood on.

Kazuma: *sarcastically* Hooray.