R.I.P

The sky was dark by the time you reached your destination. It seemed the world knew what you were doing.

You pushed open the gate and walked inside, carefully following the path that was laid out for the living and unliving souls.

The cemetery was quiet, a few crickets chirping now and then. Even the few birds were silent as you approached the grave.

You stopped and stood in front of the grave, the surrounding silence peaceful. Crouching down, you put the two bonded flowers in front of the tombstone, and closed your eyes.

"I'll be leaving you soon big brother." You said, breaking the silence. "I'm going to the countryside."

A brief gust of wind blew a petal off of the chrysanthemum and blew it towards you. A single drop of rain landing in front of the flowers.

You chuckled and picked up the small petal. "I'm sorry bro, but I have to go. Don't worry about to though, I won't forget you."

You stood back up and bowed at the grave. "Goodbye brother."

You straightened back up and exhaled slowly, turning and leaving the grave alone with his new flowers.

You left the cemetery and made your way back to that bus stop, the carnations still in your grasp. Another drop of rain hit the ground, followed by another and another.

You picked up your pace, the rain starting to fall faster and faster.

You made it to the bus stop and patted down your clothing, sighing.

"I never was a big fan of the rain." A voice said beside you.

You raised an eyebrow and looked at the man beside you.

"Why is that?" You asked, leaning against a nearby pole.

The man threw back his head and laughed. "The rain brings depression, its like symbol of sadness."

You looked away and stared at the ground.

"So," The man said. "What's your name?"

"What's yours?" You countered, closing your eyes.

"I see. My name is Clay."

"Hm." You hummed. "I'm (y/n)."

"Nice to meet you (y/n)." Clay said, smiling as the bus pulled up.

"The same goes for you." You left the bus stop and got onto the bus, paying the fee. You left Clay there, in the rain.

But, benowst to you, you would met him again, just in a different part of the country.

Published: January 7th