Day After

You didn't say much to him the next day, and Mark didn't really exit his room.

You thought that after what you did, he would hate you.

But in reality, he was thinking about how to ask you out. Properly, I mean.

He was sitting in the middle of his room, his thoughts running around his head, too much at the same time.

Clay was on the phone, silence on his end.

"So, what happened." He asked, breaking the silence and throwing Mark out of his head.

"What."

Clay chuckled. "I asked, what happened?"

Mark inhaled quickly and exhaled slowly. "Where to start."

"How about the beginning?"

"Yeah," Mark mumbled. "That seems like a good idea."

You didn't know what to do, so you ended up going over to Harvey's house. He was the only one you told about your feelings towards Mark.

Harvey hugged you, letting you talk about what happened and your thoughts about what he could be thinking right now, and if their relationship is destroyed because your bold move.

Harvey assured you that he was probably still processing it, from his point of view, some boys tend to take a bit longer than girls to process something that happened to them.

"It's okay (y/n), he's just thinking it over."

You played with Mark's hoodie you stole, pulling the strings to hide your face. "I know, I know, but I think I might have gone too quick to the kiss."

Harvey draw circles on your back. "It's alright."

"Then, they kissed me."

Clay let out a huff of approval and nodded. "Nice."

"What do you mean 'Nice'?!" Mark shouted, picking up his phone and glaring at it.

"OW!" Clay yelped. "My ears-"

"Sorry-" Mark stopped himself and sighed. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay. Just tell them you like them back, it'll make things way easier between you two."

Mark stared at the phone. "Maybe you should take your own advice sometime."

Clay turned red and stumbled over his sentences. "I-I do have you know that George and I are  together now, thank you very much."

Mark burst out laughing, Clay wheezing on the other side of the phone.

"But, seriously." Clay said, turning serious.

Mark quieted down and paid attention.

"Go get your lover before someone else take them away from you."

Mark nodded, even though he knew Clay couldn't see him. "Thank you."

"No need to thank me, go get 'em."

Mark hanged up the phone and quickly got dressed into somewhat decent clothes and exited his room for the first time in a while.

He called you, your phone ringing and scaring you.

"He's calling!"

Harvey watched your reaction.

"Oh my god- what do I do?!"

Harvey snorted. "Well, pick up!"

"Okay! Okay!" You took the phone and pick up, waiting for Mark to speak.

"Can you come back?" He asked, his voice quiet.

You looked at Harvey and he nodded.

"Go get yo mans." He whispered, making you chuckle.

"Okay Mark, I'm coming." You spoke, hanging up the phone and exhaled a breath you kept in.

"Go!"

"Alright!"

Your hand froze when you raised it to knock on his door, and you thought you knew why.

OH god, what was he going to think of you. You were wearing his MERCH for gods' sake.

Mark opened the door and hugged you, making you tense up in shock.

"I'm sorry, I'm so, so, sorry." He whispered, his chin resting on your head.

You were still shocked, but smiled. You hugged back and stuffed your face into his chest. You could stay like this forever.

But, Mark pulled away and held your face in his hands, gazing into your eyes. You gazed back into his, your eyes never blinking.

Mark kissed you this time, the sparks from the first time becoming apparent once again.

You pulled away for air. "Oh god, if we are going to be together, I don't think I can get used to that."

"Oh god-" Mark became flustered. "Y-you really think w-we can be together?"

You looked at him, your face turning red. "Uh, yeah-" You grew silent. "If you want to."

Mark was silent for a moment and nodded. "I'd like that."

"Me too."