A 'Friend'

You watched the ran fall down the window, the scenery flying past the bus.

You closed your eyes, the pitter-patter of the rain hitting the window luring you into a light sleep.

>>><<<

"Hello?"

You groaned and slowly opened your eyes, glancing at the person who woke you up.

"what." You said, sitting up.

"Is this your stop?"

"Huh?" You looked out the window and gasped. "Shit!"

The person stepped back and let you pass them, chuckling to himself.

You left the bus with your stuff beside you. Turning, you waved goodbye at the bus driver, who waved back.

You watched the bus leave the stop, waiting until the bus was swallowed by the trees.

You looked around at the scenery. "Hm."

Pulling out a map from your only bag, you mumbled to yourself noticing that the town you were in was just barely on the map.

You sighed, folding the map back up and shoving it in your bag.

"I'll just find a motel."

>>><<<

Turns out, this small little town doesn't have a motel.

Great.

"(y/n)?" You heard.

"Crap." You mumbled. Sighing, you set down your bags and turned to face the voice. "Hello Zak, it's great to see you."

"Yeah, it's the same for you. How've you been? It's been quite a long time since we've last seen each other."

"Not long enough." You mumbled.

"What was that?" Zak asked.

"Nothing." You said. "Do you know where I can stay the night?"

Zak brightened. "Yeah! My place has room you can stay in!"

"Crap."

"But, it's housing my other friend who is staying for a bit." Zak tapped his chin. "I can probably think of a place." He laughed.

You chuckled, looking away. Lord, please help me.

"Oh!" Zak exclaimed. "I have a friend; well I wouldn't call him a friend, I would call him an acquaintance. Anyway, his name is Mark, and he lives on the edge of town. He's an oddball though, weirder than me."

"I bet." You said, picking up your bag. "Can you give a lift to his house? My feet hurt."

Zak chuckled. "Sure! Let me just give him a heads up, so he knows you're coming over." Zak pulled out his phone, his fingers flying over the bottom of the phone. "Done!"

"Great. Where's your car."

Zak smiled sheepishly. "Back at my house."

"Seriously?"

"Hey! In my defense, I was taking a walk before I saw you!" He said.

You rolled your eyes. "Cut the bullshit, it's in a shop, isn't it?"

He looked down and poked his two pointer fingers together, like he was caught doing something bad.

"Maybe."

"Fuck you."

Published: January 10th