The Park

You woke up in your bed the next day, the sunlight from the window lighting up your room.

The stuff on your desk was sitting there, like it was waiting for you to start working on it.

Mark knocked on the door, it opening just a crack.

"Oh!" He said. "You're awake!"

You stared at him and nodded, looking down.

"Let's get started on the PC?" He asked, entering to room and pulling up a chair beside the one already there.

You stayed silent, but crawled out of bed and sat down beside him.

"Okay." He looked at you, like he knew something was up. Normally, you would say something sassy, or make a random remark.

You grabbed a few out of the bag and started working, the past of helping Techno set up his PC coming back to you.

Soon, it was done. You hooked it up to your computer and started it, making sure everything was working properly.

"You've done this before?" Mark asked, watching you finish set it up.

You nodded. "Techno needed help the first time his PC broke, I was the only one in the house who was bored and had the balls to help."

Mark hummed, you finishing with the last thing.

"Done."

Mark smiled. "Great, lets go somewhere."

You looked at him with a blush on your face. "Where?"

He shrugged. "You chose, this town may be small be it has a lot of things to do."

You looked away, mumbling under your breath. "Does this town have a park?"

Mark tapped his chin. "Probably, lets go check."

He took your hand and helped you up, your face going red when his hand held yours.

Luckily, he didn't notice, and just told you to get dressed. He left the room after, closing the door behind him.

You stood there feeling flustered, your newly found emotions running around and not really knowing what to do.

Eventually, you got yourself together and got dressed into some comfy clothes, meeting Mark in the living room.

"Breakfast is in the kitchen." He said, seeing you enter.

"Thanks." You got the food and stood in the kitchen, eating.

When you were done, you cleaned up and left, going back to your room so you could get on your shoes.

Mark watched you leave, so confused at your silence. He was more used to you speaking about whatever happened in your dreams, or what you could remember from them.

He narrowed his eyes, deep in thought.

You came back, having finished and made yourself look half decent. "I'm done."

Mark stood up and smiled. "Great!"

"I already called a newfound friend to pick us up, so we don't have to bother Zak." You said, avoiding eye contact with the tall male in front of you.

Mark instantly knew something was wrong.

You normally would look up at him, stare into his eye with intimidation to try and make yourself look scary. You would stand on your toes to try and match Mark's height, to look bigger and stronger.

He knew you wouldn't tell him what was though, he knew you wouldn't, even after you lived with him for nearly 3 months now.

A car honked outside the house, making you run and see who it is.

"It's the friend!" You shouted, opening the door and running outside.

You left Mark inside, still questioning your behavior.

Mark did come outside, getting into the backseat and greeting your friend.

"Mark, this is Harvey. Harvey, this is Mark." You introduced each other and clicked on your seatbelt.

"Hey dude." Harvey said.

Mark was silent for a second, before saying a greeting. "Hey."

"Where to queen/king/soldier?" Harvey asked, driving into the stretch of road.

"The park." You replied, before adding something else. "My king."

Harvey chuckled.

Mark flicked his gaze between the two of you, shocked at the sudden flirting. He kept quiet, a small bit of jealousy making its root in his heart.

Harvey pulled up to a nearby parking lot and shut off the car. "Here."

"Great!" You opened the car door and stepped out, closing it behind you. You hesitated on opening Marks door for him, but you did anyways.

"Thanks." Mark mumbled, still kinda lost in his thoughts about you two.

You and Harvey go into the park and took a place on the swings, chatting along the way. Mark stood there by the car, the seeds of jealousy starting to grow.

He didn't know why though. He didn't understand.

If you were happy, he was happy.

Wait, why did he think that?